Tensei Ouji wa Daraketai - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

So did Marisa just throw her uncle under the bus ot is it a coicident that she was present every time a incident happened? Tune in text month to find out.

also what's with the mother in law business? The kids 6 years old a bit too young to have a mother in law. Is that meant to be step-mother? Though if it is step mother, she wouldn't have been married to the king for long, so begs the question what happened to Shuri's actual mother? A mysterious death or that mysterious illness that takes the lives of thousands of manga protagonists parents every year?

Dex-chan lover
@boogle

Well I don't disagree with you. After all, that child was willing to murder and there's no telling whether he is lying or not.

That said, there are several reasons the MC decided to give him a chance:
1) since he was liked by fairies, he couldn't be an inherently bad person
2) he is a naive child that was tricked into accomplishing this and once the King exposed the trickery, he gave up and revealed everything about himself
3) he is loyal - he was captured, had failed his mission and yet was willing to stay silent to protect the one who had hired him even though there was nothing to be gained from it and instead there was a risk to be tortured - a wilier person would have tried bartering his knowledge for a softer sentence
3) his background as a beastman provides him with a motive for his action, and he has nowhere to go, no family to return to - in desperate times, desperate actions

And while it is true that it is an odd thing to trust an assassin, the reality is that not only is the MC protected by both a powerful fairy and powerful summoned beast but he is essentially pardoning the child and providing him with citizenship which is exactly what he was working for. He will undoubtedly be grateful as he was saved even though he didn't deserve it. Sure, the MC was lenient, but it's for a child that doesn't appear to be evil. That's reasonable enough.

I'm still concerned about the other missions this child has undertaken and what would have convinced the mastermind to trust him with murder but I'm okay with overlooking it.

Using modern Earth's law in another world? Seriously? You're in magical medieval times for Phil's sake and yet you're using 1 night detainment and probation-like method as a form of punishment for a crime against the royalty. If this was really medieval times that kid would either be dead or become a slave. At least tie his hand during the meeting, what a lazy writing.

@Lynia translator San thank you so much for this chapter 💖💖💖 I read it all within two days XD ... it was really great reading and had so much enjoying.... Appreciate all the hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread