Tensei Shitara Dainana-ouji Dattanode, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu - Ch. 142 - Altar

Dex-chan lover
I know this manga likes hyperbole very much, but casting a super-tornado, and a super-tsunami, showing how it devours the earth below them and wrecks it apart -- means they just obliterated at least half the population of Earth. This is one of those moments where suspension-of-disbelief gets completely shat on.
I figure the author wanted to showcase an "epic fight", but you cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the spells were not meant to destroy the planet, do not actually show it destroying the planet for fuck's sake.

P.S: It is also way too naive to have assumed that Tartaros, and Ido to some degree, could've had a simple happy ending, as if nothing never happened.
Tartaros actually tried to kill people, and might've actually succeeded given the large scale of his assault. It is not a "teehee I guess I went a bit too far". Premeditated, large-scale homicide is not something you can go "teehee-pero" over.
One of the major faults of this story, is when it tries to tuck away shit under the rug. For the most part, it's played for gags, but this is one step way too bloody far.
Tartaros does not deserve the sympathy he's being shown here, neither any form of redemption.
Their in space on a different planet not earth and committing premeditated homicide is a thing Lloyd will forgive you if you're interesting enough

Dex-chan lover
This sounds/looks like Lloyd is/will terraforming the moon (by accident?).

I know this manga likes hyperbole very much, but casting a super-tornado, and a super-tsunami, showing how it devours the earth below them and wrecks it apart -- means they just obliterated at least half the population of Earth. This is one of those moments where suspension-of-disbelief gets completely shat on.
I figure the author wanted to showcase an "epic fight", but you cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the spells were not meant to destroy the planet, do not actually show it destroying the planet for fuck's sake.

P.S: It is also way too naive to have assumed that Tartaros, and Ido to some degree, could've had a simple happy ending, as if nothing never happened.
Tartaros actually tried to kill people, and might've actually succeeded given the large scale of his assault. It is not a "teehee I guess I went a bit too far". Premeditated, large-scale homicide is not something you can go "teehee-pero" over.
One of the major faults of this story, is when it tries to tuck away shit under the rug. For the most part, it's played for gags, but this is one step way too bloody far.
Tartaros does not deserve the sympathy he's being shown here, neither any form of redemption.

P.P.S: I get that this is primarly a gag manga, but you cannot have this overblown drama arc -- and then go: "drama? I never did such thing."
If you want drama, you also need consequences. And I bet 100% that there will be absolutely none.
if you are so good at writing a story..why dont you go write a story than? not everything have to be done by the books and if thats the case then there wouldnt be any new innovation and creativity

and beside you spent way more time writing then actually carefully read the dam thing

Dex-chan lover
if you are so good at writing a story..why dont you go write a story than? not everything have to be done by the books and if thats the case then there wouldnt be any new innovation and creativity

and beside you spent way more time writing then actually carefully read the dam thing

Are you 7? What the fuck does "go write a story" has to do with reading one?

& regarding time spent writing,
probably. Apparently they were on the moon or some shit, fair enough.
But Tartaros? nah.

Aggregator gang
Lloyd isn't the final boss. The final boss has to fight its way off the planet onto Lloyd's evil moon levels, then fight Lloyd's 7 demon generals, then find a way past the massive Lloyd barrier. And only then can the final boss fight the Lloyd, and defeat the Lloyd using the power of friendship.

And then after defeating the Lloyd, the final boss will be sent back to the beginning in to do it all over again without using any continues for the true ending.

Users who are viewing this thread