Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 17 Ch. 77 - Eve of Battle

Dex-chan lover
Just to temper everyones expectations for the next chapter, if the manga goes in the same order the LN did (and it usually does), we're getting a good few chapters of the battle against Claymans army before we get to even a glimpse of Walpurgis.

Or maybe they will pull and absolute chad move and intertwine the two.

@faker10726 You can either read it on Asian Hobbyist's shitty website or you can read it on some random hosting website like https://readwebnovels.net/novel/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-wn/ or something

Fed-Kun's army
@faker10726
Or you can just read the actual LN
downloads as an .epub, if you cant open it, just convert it into a pdf or something

Side note: the link for vol8 may not be visible, but that may be due to your adblock. Turn it off, and if it still doesn't show, just open it in incognito.

Wondering why it says that Veldora burned down the Vampire Princess’s city 2000 years ago when it should be 300 years ago. This manga is based on the LN. And in the LN (as well as the WN actually), it was 300, not 2,000. (EDIT: My bad, it’s correct as it is. So, LN: 2,000yrs. WN: 300yrs.)

Demon Peer sounds weird. It’s better as Demon Noble. Although I’m not sure that those two, Guy Crimson’s two maids, actually were nobles. However, after being named they became the same as Demon Nobles.
Just not the same kind of Demon Nobles that are amongst the top seven in the hierarchy of the underworld like Diablo and Guy were. They were considered nobles by both the Voice of the World, which is like a strength level, and the demons of the Underworld themselves, which is like a position of power and standing in society. The latter of which garners far more respect amongst demons than the former.

Thanks for the chapter update!

@emay did u ever find out? if so could tell me I am thinking its 80 the incident before the banquet I have no idea tho I am just speculation because of the previous chapter titles

Dex-chan lover
OMG, Zegion and Apito LOL

I remember them appearing in a small panel a lot of chapters ago, but i didnt expect to see them as "active" characters this soon in the manga.

@ShofaX25 You say that as if Shion and Ranga aren't very strong themselves. Sure, they're nowhere on the level of Veldora, but from a pure power standpoint excluding Veldora, Shion is second only to Diablo, and Ranga is just behind Benimaru (at the time this takes place if memory serves me right).
Also, Rimuru's got a Soul Corridor with Veldora, giving him an ultimate skill that allows him to summon Veldora at any time, and as this is a skill, it doesn't count as an attendant

@1000sunny in LN V6 it's literally said 2000 years ago...you just mix it up with the time Veldora sealed by the hero.
Demon Noble actually not much diff with it but Demon Peer just more fit with the context so people doesn't misinterpret it with Demon Duke in WN wich is a mistranslation and
Daemon Nobility based in Underorld/Hell
i dont know where you get that top ten in hierarchy thing when literally there are 7 apex/leaders of Daemon race in Underworld which is 7 Primordials Daemon and Misery and Rain also part of it which are Primordial Bleu and Primordial Vert

@Mrxyn The part about ‘ten’ was my mistake. I fixed it. But I really don’t remember the LN saying 2,000 years. Well, not like I’m going to go back and check. I’ll just believe you. It makes more sense as 2,000 years anyway,
otherwise humankind never would have forgotten about the existence of Luminous and the Vampire City for enough time for her to establish herself as a god in their eyes. So it’s probably a plot hole from the WN that was filled in by Fuse for the LN, and I probably just forgot about it. You know, after thinking about it now, I seem to recall having a similar mental discussion with myself when I first read it in the LN. Hahaha, oops! My bad. Guess I was wrong about that, too.

But I still think Peer isn’t a good word to use because peer means something different in modern times than it does in middle aged Royal society. In modern times it means ‘fellows’ like fellow friends/citizens/students, whatever. ‘The people you are likely to associate with.’ But back then, it was only nobles that could be called ‘peers’ amongst themselves due to their having peerage. I understand that your translation of it is the same thing but I worry people would confuse it just as easily, if not more so than with your argument. Ultimately, it’s not my choice, so I’ll happily except it as is.

@1000sunny nah don't worry...Demon Noble is not that different with Demon Peer here so it's still count as another translation...they just choose it bcs it's convenient so
people will not misinterpret it with the actual Nobility of Daemon later.
they also want to make it more Lord-ish or smh bcs Peer still used in UK as social standing or nobility of some sort
(the actual name of the race from ruby text actually Daemon Lord but to avoid confusion with Demon Lord(Mao) and they also still use Demon for Akuma so they just choose Peer or Noble insteed)
...altho i understand your concern...actually the one who came up with this translation is YP so FanTL just adapted it bcs reasons above

Users who are viewing this thread