Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 22 Ch. 97 - A Blessing to the Dead

Dex-chan lover
That Mariabell is the least scary of all villains in this. No significant combat power, and the influence the Rosso have economically or politically is pitiful compared to what Rimuru already accomplished. It was stated that guns won't work on the citizens of Tempest and unless she somehow can create nukes from otherworld knowledge with magic there's nothing they can do that could even remotely be considered a threat. The angels could be a problem but the Rosso don't seem to have any relation to them.

That Mariabell is the least scary of all villains in this. No significant combat power, and the influence the Rosso have economically or politically is pitiful compared to what Rimuru already accomplished. It was stated that guns won't work on the citizens of Tempest and unless she somehow can create nukes from otherworld knowledge with magic there's nothing they can do that could even remotely be considered a threat. The angels could be a problem but the Rosso don't seem to have any relation to them.
I'm not sure what gave you the impression that Rimuru has more economic or political weight than the Rosso's.

I see that as the area he's currently the weakest in (since he's just establishing his nation officially and doesn't have any underworld ties), he has the potential to get there and has laid the right groundwork but he's nowhere near there yet.

On the other hand they have ties with multiple nations in the east and west and have been doing business for (seemingly) generations, the only thing he got the one up on them with (until this point) was taking over the main trade routes with Dwargon.

Once he's able to establish official trade routes with other nations that's when he's going to outstrip them (and that's what they're afraid of).
So yeah while it's not direct (or rather BECAUSE it's not direct) I'd say they're unironically the toughest opponents he'll have to face for a while.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what gave you the impression that Rimuru has more economic or political weight than the Rosso's.
I'm not sure how on earth the Rossos could feasibly be any sort of threat to him or more than a mild annoyance to Tempest. Not after the conclusion of this arc.

So i'll ask you, what gave you the impression that Rosso can be any threat to Tempest nevermind Rimuru.

At this point his nation is self suficient and wealthy and the largest military power in the continent, he has an alliance with all of his neighbouring nations, and besides being a demon lord he has Milim on his side as well as friendly relations with Luminas and therefore the church. Yuuki is the only wild card being another reincarnator and the one that actually could become a problem later on but we don't know his plans or the extension of his influence, so what can the Rosso even do? Economic warfare? Anything they do at this point is practically begging for Rimuru to crush their whole organization, and wouldn't amount to more than a mild annoyance/delay to Rimuru's plans. Maybe before this arc they could've done something but they missed the timing, the only sort of real threats Rimuru has are all human nations joining together on a war to crush tempest or the other demon lords turning enemy, and both have been preemptively disarmed after this arc. The story would need to handicap Rimuru really badly for him to have any sort of problems dealing with them.

Group Leader
Screenshot 2024-05-18 035759.png
Kids, you dont need to the skill usurper to get the amazing skill "Mathematician". Just stay in school and one day you too will be beating up mobs with your own math skills!

Users who are viewing this thread