Tensei shite Inaka de Slow Life wo Okuritai

Dex-chan lover
God itself tells you that, other than being given incredible toolsets, you can also choose literally anything you can imagine to go on top of it.
And the MC chooses teleportation (something he already has, as part of ancient-magic), rather than something like immortality.

Stuff like that is what confounds me in these author-self-injection stories. If you're already going to write a story by going: "If I could get a list of powers, what would I get?" -- and immortality, or something of similar caliber, isn't part of it, then what the heck are your priorities? I saw more interesting power-fantasies in random forum threads than in isekais. It makes me wonder from where are they even getting their ideas from.

@PuddingStick
...Oh, so it went full Konosuba, huh?
Thanks for the warning.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist Surely the best power is to be left alone unless you don't want to be? Immortality could suck, if you have to watch everybody you know and love die, or if you have to live on after the apocalypse while desperately searching for resources because the immortality doesn't prevent you from starving or dehydrating, only keeping you from dying while still suffering all the pain.

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge
I don't understand what it means to be "left alone unless you want to be", but even if immortality could potentially "suck", it's a hell of a lot better to at least try to approach the subject than completely avoid it. It's a very basic desire to want to keep on living, and I'd expect that in any fantastical setting in which you literally get to ask favors from god, that'd be the first thing you get to ask. Yet, I don't think I ever saw an isekai that actually went ahead and did it, other than that witch and slimes story.

P.S: I find it funny that you say "the best power is to be able to keep people away from you", and then you explain how immortality would suck because "your loved ones will die". derp.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist

The power to be "left alone unless you don't want to be" means you basically have agency in deciding how much involvement you want to have with the world. You show up in the world, and if you don't want to be involved in the world saving quest, that's fine, because you'll be left alone because you don't want to be involved in it, but if you want to be involved in the quest, you will be, because you don't want to be left alone when it comes to the quest. Likewise, rulers and kingdoms will ignore your existence, not bothering to tax or coerce you despite being from another world, unless you don't want them to, because, again, you get agency in how much involvement you want in the world. If a war occurs around you and you don't want to be involved, the power would mean the war literally ignores you like you weren't even there, so you could walk through an active battlefield with no ill effect beyond maybe some psychological trauma from seeing a bunch of people die, but even then, that would be on you, because that would mean you wanted to be involved in at least that much, so really, if there was a war going on around you and you had that power and didn't want to be involved, the war would completely ignore your vicinity and you'd be able to continue your life as usual, because it'd leave you alone; hell, you might not even find out there's a war going on, because you didn't want to be involved, so it left you alone.

Basically, it's the power that would be best for the "slow life" subgenre, because it literally lets you decide how much of what you want in your life. Hell, in its extreme form, it is a type of selective immortality, because even death will leave you alone unless you don't want to keep living.

>Complaining about not getting immortality

Immortality would fucking suck. What people actually want it "long living". Actual immortality is a fucking curse. Teleportation is, by far, a much better super power.

Contributor
@Eubest

It's not Comic Sans, but yes, it's quite possibly the worst font I've ever seen used in a manga scanlation. The horrible font combined with the low resolution, low quality raws makes it very difficult to read. The story simply isn't good enough to put up with it.

@Solipsist

I think the only people who claim immortality would be great are people who haven't actually lived that long yet. Immortality would be a horrible nightmare you can never escape from. Can you imagine how boring life would become after a couple hundred years? It would drive you insane. In fact, that is a very common trope, immortals becoming evil out of boredom and the hope that some 'hero' will come and put them out of their misery.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc
While I can agree about the widespread use of the jaded-immortal trope, thinking that the ideal form of existence is for it be temporary, is very self-defeating.

OwO thanks for the translations seems like another trash isekai

but weebs are trash too so we can enjoy this

Fed-Kun's army
Corporations in Japan are really starting to take their toll with all these Isekais coming out.

Dex-chan lover
@Owyn only to people who wants a peaceful life and/or people who were corporate slaves, i guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread