Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Roomba's Stroll Through Coliate Village

Dex-chan lover
"You should be right in the head now" could also have implied regained sanity while being a bit clearer about how it could mean actual injury? (About first? page TL comment)

Dex-chan lover
14 chapters in and there hasn't been any major conflict or time jumping. This is truly a slow life manga and I'm loving it so much.

Fed-Kun's army
@Metasepia There was a 2-year time jump not long ago. Al started the manga as a 4 year old, and now he's 6.

Dex-chan lover
I like the slow life trope but, I can't help but want to see him have a serious moment either a figth or doing it to protect someone. Why have op magic if you're never gonna use it.

Dex-chan lover
@Nick5x what I mean by time jump is dramatic change in age. Not much has changed in our MC over those two years that it cant really be counted as a major time jump like what happens in most other series.

Have read to the last of the released web novel chapters and i will only say that this is one of the truest slow life series and one of my favs.

I kinda like this Roomba character,
too bad he's gonna leave soon...

I've been wondering, but is the author an idiot? There are a lot of children abuse in this manga, on the other chapter, Seria wanted to exploit the children work, Alfried's father beat him to a pulp until he was unconscious after a child play of his nickname, now Seria in addition to hitting Alfried's head (because for her it wasn't enough), she made him work a ton on washing dishes, and the hired maids steal other people sugar. And now even the villagers think that Al is stupid. I simply cant conform to this manga, YIKES Im quitting this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Xanagos I agree that its both farfetch'd and despicable, but I wouldn't say unrealistic. Physical abuse has been a punishment for both kids and dogs that parents and teachers used in ages past, author might just use a setting of such a culture. And with how wimpy the lord is, its not too strange that some employees start exploiting him and his staff. They can bully the chef because there is no punishment for it, and its even extremely profitable (sugar cant be cheap). They suck up to the mother (gives her a share of the employees private sugar) so she joins their side to ensure she doesnt stop them either, and raises the sister to find their behavior both acceptable and profitable. They can bully the mc kid because the parents wont step in to help him, and neither does he even attempt to seek help (not even trying to tell his parents - their lord), something they picked up on. It is very evident that they hold the lords authority in contempt, and this seems to carry over to the mc kid. I guess the maids gossip? Otherwise I dunno why villagers that see the lords family so rarely would decide to almost immediately treat him like this.

I have no clue why the supposedly reincarnated mc puts up with their behavior though. Maybe he is a masochist? Or perhaps he secretly has a magical barrier to ensure he never is hurt (so the "concussion" was just acting to get out of his fathers sudden exercise mania he entered since an old adventurer friend stopped by) and so extremely bored he wants any kind of labour to pass the time. Or maybe he just wants to wash the dishes so he can leer at the dishwasher girl that was just introduced for the first time, she seem to possibly be the only one even somewhat remotely friendly to him (expressed concern over him)?

honestly besides the obvious disgusting trope of child abuse. The fact he gets in trouble for teasing older characters isn't anything so deep. it just shows how familiar they are with the kid even though he's the lords son. If the MC truly despised any of this his authority and the fact that he basically holds dominion over the created products in the village are enough to put a stop to it. It's just a light hearted gag showing a cheeky kid being punished. I definitely don't approve of the violence though and they can cut that

Dex-chan lover
So yeah like.. Why is the eyepatch guy still hang around with the MC?
And why is the MC, who want a relaxing life go around and entertain the guy?
Is it possible it's that Japanese hospitality thing?

Dex-chan lover
If y'all think those light punishments are considered child abuse. Than y'all haven't lived long enough to know what it really means to be abused as a child.

Users who are viewing this thread