Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - The Bath, the Demon, and the Revolving Lantern

Dex-chan lover
He really has the patience of a saint. In his situation, I would have blown up the house long ago from all the shit his family/servants put him through.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, before I forget, I have noticed 2hat may be a discrepancy.
I am not 100% sure if it is this manga specifically, or all of the isekai manga that introduce Othello, Go, and/or Reversi but I vaguely remember THIS one using more than one of those names (on a cell phone, checking is going to be bleeping difficult, will do later and correct myself if no one else has) anyway, I just double checked and each of the three is a completely different game: Othello != Go != Reversi. (Reversi is actually western if I read wiki correctly, Othello was Japanese or Chinese and Go is whichever the previous one was not, if I read wiki correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong, again cell phone, hard to tab between websites).
That said, I sincerely doubt that this is Reversi, and wonder which it is... Or if the mangaka/author themselves know the difference... (I certainly didn't)

Double-page supporter
@Aricitic
othello = reversi. It's the same game. The point of the game is place the stone capturing all enemy stone between yours in the line. Also, you can't place stone, if that play will not yield you atleast 1 enemy stone, in other words you MUST turn over enemy stones every turn.

"Go" is a different game. You also capturing enemy stones, but not in lines. You need to surround territory in order to capture it, and you can place your stones literally anywhere you want, even in the middle of the desert where there is nothing else.

Edit: By the way, Reversi is an actual name of the original game. "Othello" is just a trademark under which it was marketed.

Dex-chan lover
The sister is such a bitch... the type that will grow up to being incredibly manipulative and abusive. I'll be pissed if the author somehow tries and spin her as an actually nice person because the one enabling her shitty behavior is her parents.

Dex-chan lover
@Med1um
Well, that's embarrassing.
Like I said, on a cell phone, double checking information with a singular tab is difficult.
Reason I said they were different is because one of the searches said something along the line of: "x" invented in 19xa, and "y" invented in 19xb; however the wiki page for both LITERALLY says "synonymous: (other name)"... So... Yeah...

@Claresilver47
I would completely agree, except it has already been shown that she cares for her younger brother. It seems to me that she is acting like a tomboy and a child "in love" (i.e. how children below a certain age will act out against someone of the opposite gender who they have "feelings" for.
Doesn't make her behavior excusable, but still. (No, what makes her behavior excusable is the supposed time they live in...)

@Claresilver47 I'm pretty sure you are overthinking it.

@Aricitic I don't know your expectations of how a child of a particular age behaves and also can't get my head around your theory of being her a "tomboy" or "child in love".
To me the relationship seems to be pretty normal, well, apart from magic and all.

All I can say is, don't try and pull her hair out at every highly emphasized behaviour pattern of a particular character in a manga/anime, coz that how you make a character stand out. Besides, they are children. they have variety of emotions and behaviours, it is just one/few being used as trope/gag/something.

Dex-chan lover
@m4ng4 eh, people often use tomboy to describe the female "jock" stereotype I think, and Elenora's typical unrefined nature (compared to her brothers especially) and enthusiasm for the physical pursuits puts her pretty firmly in that archetype.

Fed-Kun's army
I'd like to see Al get a clear win for a change.

Thanks for the chapter

@derminion I agree. He should just teleport away from the trouble. As soon as he heard her screaming, he should have teleported to his other house and hid there.

Group Leader
Why do the farms have hay rolls on page 3? Do they have magical powered balers there?

Dex-chan lover
@Claresilver47 is totally right. She is a bitch. If she would stop taking other people's stuff, she wouldn't have to suffer. The spicy hamburger steak a few chapters ago and now the bath prepared for the brother. Ask if it's okay and you don't have to suffer. Then again, I don't see why Middle-bro earned himself a dip in polar water. Just because he wore short clothes?

Dex-chan lover
@m4ng4
I sort of studied psychology (a class or two in HS, and a class or three in college) so I am "knowledgeable" (of sourts) but by no means enough to claim I can accurate explain anything.
That said, often children of a certain age, either before or just into puberty, will bully those they... Well, I can't really say love here because if the child has a sense of romantic love at _that_ age, other than needing to call child protective services... They advanced beyond the bully-to-express-love mindset. Basically its how they react to their new emotions they've never experienced before, and before they understand the concept of trying to go out.

Effectively I am somewhat stating his sister is a bit of a "bro"con, and because she doesn't know how to express herself with her personality... And because her personality is rough anyway, she usually reacts to him with physical 'violence' instead of affection.
(P.s. only SLIGHTLY a brocon, nothing like another isekai that I was wondering why had the lable "incest" untill the parents reminded the MC he was to marry his sister because of village traditions).

The other "age" related comment I made was related to the societal age (i.e. age of civilizations advancement). _because_ they are in a world that still requires lords and swords, etc, she is raised in an environment where certain behaviors are more acceptable than in modern day society.

Group Leader
I never thought I would ever feel that way...
But this manga isn't slow enough... I kinda want the sister to disappear, or get drafted into the army early or some shit like that.
This manga should be about a guy doing ANYTHING he can to have a slow and confortable life... she's like his Godzilla but mega selfish and self-centered...
He has to physically exhaust himself because of her, he gets his things stolen by her, she exploits his magic and she is clearly physically abusive.

Everything else in this manga is great. The village is great, the relationship between the MC and the cook, the adventurer, his father, his brother and the villagers is fantastic.
Maybe she could get married off to someone, or die... yeah, she could just die.

Users who are viewing this thread