Tensei shite Inaka de Slow Life wo Okuritai

there is no such thing as a slow life in isekai. Or at least for most of them, it's impossible. I found one where the protag kinda lived a slow life. i dunno guys.

It's frustrating to see the MC get basically shit on by everyone. I myself have an older sibling, not a sister so I don't know if that changes anything but COME ON let the MC get at least one win or something. When me and my brother fight or tease each other I can most of the times defend myself or something and not get absolutely shit on. Here it seems like he can't do anything in terms of getting teased and basically abused, especially when he can't use magic, though this may be the author is trying to make the MC not OP even though that completely changes once magic come into play, so I can say that this is just bad writing (not that I can say anything because I probably can't write anything good either).

Didn't mean to make it sound like a rant so sorry for that but long story short: because I can relate it makes me frustrated and mad.

@Noteg i didn't take it as a rant myself and kind of agree with you. I think someone else has mentioned something similar previously. For me the teasing seems to much given how one sided it seems, it almost seems abusive or cruel. When I read the parts with his sister I find myself just wanting that section to just be over. Some of the other stuff is kind of interesting.

Basically it's not good or bad but just simply is, almost like it doesn't have any flavor. It's been six months since the previous chapter and 28 chapters invested and honestly I had pretty much forgotten about it. I find myself not caring if the chapters are released. If one is and I'm a little bored like right now sure I'll read it but if not ok.

Wish someone besides LH would pick this up, not fun to wait 6 months for a single chapter thanks to their habit of picking up so many manga that one staff member has like 5 different manga to do.

Dex-chan lover
I'm of the same opinion of @noteg and @schlo.
I think it's something like a "useless/hopeless" or "comic relief" running gag where they end up getting beaten up be the rest of the characters or gets karma.
However, this one seems to fail at properly doing that. The actions doesn't equal the punishment, but punishment is given anyways because they want to tick that checkmark.
Konosuba does it well, while this one fails.

Sorry for ranting too. It's just that I've dropped a few WN/LN that does similar things to this and it's piled up some frustrations :<

When I read all the comments before I started reading the manga I thought the sister was gonna be like the evil stepsisters from Cinderella or something, but to be honest she’s a lot more realistic that like 99% of manga sisters. Elder siblings in most real families are assholes not kind/seductive “ara ara” onee-sans lol.

I agree with @DoppleK6 that this really doesn’t do the whole karma gag well, although tbh there are only like one or two manga where I think it’s actually funny. Most of the time it’s just dumb and overdone like in this one.

Dex-chan lover
Read this manga if you want to see someone get bullied in thier own story

Actually I kinda like it, though, I know its slow paced but its stagnant and the adventure part won't be arriving yet. Well for those who are complaining or ranting regarding to the onee-sans, its just a slice of life not "real life" story and if you include the comedy tag, then what do you expect? I mean, its okay if you have something you're not fond of but forcing your ideas, tastes and wants on what the author set his eyes on, man... It is his work not yours, I can somehow understand if you criticize the work based on its genre, theme or plot but seriously ranting on something out of context, guess you should create your own. Neither complain nor rant instead, criticize.

Ok, so I’m getting pretty tired of
his overbearing battle junkie of a sister. She’s just so darn controlling, and uses violence so the MC will fear going against her. She’s also so OP and loved by the people that she’s basically more of a MC then the actual MC. Like, honestly, what the heck? Do we still need her in the plot? Can’t she just go away to some knights school with dorms or something?

Double-page supporter
god the story is so stagnant and boring, MC just gets abused by everyone and is too much of a pussy to do anything about it

Dex-chan lover
@hanjin21 It's a genuine criticism. Sure the author can do what he wants, we're not stopping him. It's also fair to criticize works, every bit of it. It's how one improves.
And how is it out of context? The author is constantly pushing a gag that isn't just failing, but also irritating, and we're talking about it.
I'll admit that I don't know it's working for the local readers, but it sure ain't working for most of us.

Also you do know that Slice of Life is literally a bit of Real Life right? It's in the name. Saying it's okay because it's SoL is just plain wrong. In fact it's precisely because it's tagged as SoL that it feels wrong with how the characters act.
It would be better if it removed SoL aspects and just try to be full comedy.. emphasis on "try".

Dex-chan lover
@hanjin21
DoppleK6 already wrote pretty much everything there is to be said, so I'll just say: Yeah, no, that's not how discussions about stuff work. People can say they don't like something if they don't like it. A conversation isn't a one-way street to "nice land". Also, the argument about "make your own, then" never made sense. A person can complain about bad rice and not have any idea how to make a better batch themselves.

P.S: @DoppleK6
A tad unrelated, but about an earlier comment of yers...Just wanted to say, Konosuba did it better? I dropped the LN specifically because the protagonist was constantly bullied and tortured by the stupid people around him, and got entangled in extremely unfortunate circumstances for absolutely no reason other than: "MC suffer funny, MC complain about the retarded people around him is funny".
Wasn't there basically a whole volume about the MC being unfairly judged, and thrown to prison, with his idiotic friends trying to defend him horribly?

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist Yeah Kazuma does get shit on a lot and sometimes too much. But most of the time the gag works and it's actually funny and enjoyable..at least for me. Also the rest of the group does get shit on too, so it does alleviate the focus on Kazuma. It also helps that he actually deserves it sometimes.

In this one and some other manga/LN/WN, the gag just keeps being forced. And it's mostly failing for me so much that it becomes painful.
It's like someone telling the same bad joke over and over again hoping that it'll become funnier.

Final note. I am not complaining just to be negative. I hate the bad gag, however I do like most everything else in it even it it's nothing new or special. Which is why it's such shame that it's being ruined by it.

@DoppleK6 SoL doesn't necessarily mean about "real life sister" like what you're agreeing with other reader. There's so much touch of SoL in the manga, well yeah, depends on how you depict the term "life", real life to be exact.
Have you ever re-read your comment, rather, your rants? If you didn't, kindly do so and re-read my comment regarding to what I'm pointing out of out of context.
Genuine criticism but you've said, ranting. Which is which? Seriously, criticizing is a privilege of a reader but know you limits, it differs a lot to ranting and complaining.

@Solipsist Like I've said on above reply, criticizing someone's work differs a lot to complaining and ranting about what you "don't like" about it.
If you're complaining about bad rice then you should have bought something better.
Yeah, that "make your own, then", it is for those people who are complaining and ranting on someone's work without a care. Like they're forcing their wants or desires to be included on someone's stuff. Just like those people complaining about bad rice without even considering of buying a better and expensive one. Restaurant-wise, choose one with high reputation, 5-star would be the best. lmao

Anyways, those are your opinion, rants rather. I just drop a dime with regards to what I just noticed.
Here's another dime.

Dex-chan lover
@hanjin21
Nah. "Make your own" doesn't make sense, period. There is no relation between being a really good consumer (i.e: knowing really well what works for you, and why) -- and being a really good creator (i.e: knowing really well how to craft things together). It's just a knee-jerk reaction to negative comments.
And as for your example of "going somewhere else for better rice", that's not "make your own, then" -- that's: "Okay, if you guys hate on the manga so much, why don't you leave?" -- which is a more legit argument.

And as I said, people will say bad things if they find something bad. Nobody has to limit themselves to constructive criticism. That's how discussions go. It doesn't have to be """civil""". People can say they don't like something if they don't like it. I will agree though, that if someone sticks around something they dislike, just so they can rant on it, that's when they're already deeply thrusted into coo-coo land. But that hardly seems the case here.

@DoppleK6
Heh, well. I am willing to agree that Konosuba did it better. I would most likely dump this manga's LN at the first volume, while I dumped Konosuba's at the 4th, or something. But I wouldn't necessarily ever use Konosuba in a positive light, tho. :p

Users who are viewing this thread