That One Classmate Makes Me Question My Own Masculinity - Ch. 2 - Test of strength

Double-page supporter
It's a little funny that it went from "I can lift a person easily" (fairly athletic) to "I can break a glass jar by twisting it" (waaay more than just athletic)
Seriously, some back of the napkin calculations put that at like 3000 pounds, assuming the glasses shear strength is about 3900 psi and jar is 4 inches in diameter with a 1/16th inch wall thickness, basically she could lift an entire car by just twisting her wrist

Dex-chan lover
There is a no way a jar works like that unless it has some sort of defect.

Dex-chan lover
the only glass i could think to break like that are ampul and Vial
main-qimg-c7ebeb0a0556fd0146498516a1a60a2c-lq

you basically could break them from it's neck

Dex-chan lover
fun fact: not being able to open a jar usually isn't due to not being strong enough, but rather due to your hands not being grippy enough at that moment, could be due to sweat or due to natural oiliness. if you hold the lid using something extremely grippy (like rubber) then you'll most likely be able to open it, though if you're using something with  really high grip (e.g. the inside wall of a tire) it might feel like it's gonna tear your skin off sooner than the lid opening.
in most cases though the problem is that the jar was sealed while warm or that the pressure inside the jar dropped somehow, making it almost impossible to open.

Users who are viewing this thread