That Villain's Life, I'll Live It Once - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
it's fun watching how while the emperor is an ass to people, his objective is to meritocratically boost the growth of the empire's economy while stabilizing it and dividing power according to objectively good people in the next generation, while pretty much expelling every old dog of his generation from the safety net of heritage

all in all he's a authoritarian progressive

Meo

Double-page supporter
it's fun watching how while the emperor is an ass to people, his objective is to meritocratically boost the growth of the empire's economy while stabilizing it and dividing power according to objectively good people in the next generation, while pretty much expelling every old dog of his generation from the safety net of heritage

all in all he's a authoritarian progressive
I agree.

And I don't really think he's an ass. In all fairness, he seems to be a good and impartial leader.

We know that the law recently changed where women can now be the successsor (so in his generation), he doesn't favour either Prince (whoever can show their ability gets the crown, the previous 1st Prince was just too timid to even fight), he knows the Duke is loyal and the Duke isn't afraid to go against him in arguing for his daughter's annulment.

He doesn't want to let got of talent. And know that Elena has proven her ability/eye in people, he wants her for the prosperity of the empire more. I personally think if she asked for a prince swap, she'd have a better chance than asking for an annulment. What if he grants the annulment and she sudden doesn't want the first prince anymore and wants some random guy to marry into her Dukedom?

Dex-chan lover
And I don't really think he's an ass. In all fairness, he seems to be a good and impartial leader.

He doesn't want to let got of talent. And know that Elena has proven her ability/eye in people, he wants her for the prosperity of the empire more. I personally think if she asked for a prince swap, she'd have a better chance than asking for an annulment. What if he grants the annulment and she sudden doesn't want the first prince anymore and wants some random guy to marry into her Dukedom?
you see, he's playing these games BECAUSE he does not want to let her go, and by constantly putting her in a position where the second prince looks at her outpacing him despite viewing her as a status piece he should be guaranteed he's making the second prince more willing to engage the first prince to prove himself

he's essentially pinning his sons against each other over a woman just to see who has the best skills and capability to keep someone as talented as Elena around

Meo

Double-page supporter
you see, he's playing these games BECAUSE he does not want to let her go, and by constantly putting her in a position where the second prince looks at her outpacing him despite viewing her as a status piece he should be guaranteed he's making the second prince more willing to engage the first prince to prove himself

he's essentially pinning his sons against each other over a woman just to see who has the best skills and capability to keep someone as talented as Elena around
Um? The Crown Prince = the 2nd Prince (the blond) cause didn't he already had someone shove the First Prince down the stairs before the story began?

He might not be a good father by putting the welfare of the Kingdom before his son. I don't necessary think that makes him an ass. I haven't seen him treat others in a horrible way or show indication that he's a tyrant. Tia's grandfather (from I Shall Master This Family) is subjectively speaking a worst father/leader than the Emperor (for me).

The only thing that would make him horrible would be if he somehow knew that the Crown Prince was going to set the wolves on Lloyd.

EDIT: I think he did anticipate that the Crown Prince would do "something" and that's why he gave the guard to Lloyd. But Lloyd was also the one that wanted to fight for the crown.

Users who are viewing this thread