The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Vol. 9 Ch. 75 - Kusuri-senpai's Grandmother

Group Leader
Yeah this first bit of girlfriends were so wild lol. Comparing this to the latter then it was quite tame

Dex-chan lover
I wish that the one who gonna voice Yakuzen Yaku will be Saito Chiwa if ever the anime get a second season.

Dex-chan lover
I think granny went to either China or some SEA countries during the war XD

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of funny that Kusuri's original chapters — and her general personality — are wild enough that you never stop to ask just why an 18-year-old felt the need to create an immortality drug, failed or not. The reveal here — that it was meant for Yaku, who presumably needed it — makes a lot of sense; it presumably had to be the "near perfect" version that can't be neutralized because Yaku's "normal" form is pretty far gone.

(At least that's my picture of the internal logic; obviously I realize the, er, artistic need for her to stay young.)

Now, whether Kusuri dosed herself and her parents through some lab accident or via their rather cavalier attitude towards self-testing is still an open question.

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of funny that Kusuri's original chapters — and her general personality — are wild enough that you never stop to ask just why an 18-year-old felt the need to create an immortality drug, failed or not. The reveal here — that it was meant for Yaku, who presumably needed it — makes a lot of sense; it presumably had to be the "near perfect" version that can't be neutralized because Yaku's "normal" form is pretty far gone.

(At least that's my picture of the internal logic; obviously I realize the, er, artistic need for her to stay young.)

Now, whether Kusuri dosed herself and her parents through some lab accident or via their rather cavalier attitude towards self-testing is still an open question.
I feel like she tested it on herself, then her dad, then her mom before finally getting the near perfect version.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like she tested it on herself, then her dad, then her mom before finally getting the near perfect version.
Entirely possible, although I'd kind of expect some difference of effect across Kusuri and her parents in that case. As it is, we've basically got three identical failed drugs and the one "near perfect" drug, and it feels unlike Kusuri to have failed three times in the exact same way.

Which I guess means I'm leaning towards the lab accident theory? Huh.

Dex-chan lover
Entirely possible, although I'd kind of expect some difference of effect across Kusuri and her parents in that case. As it is, we've basically got three identical failed drugs and the one "near perfect" drug, and it feels unlike Kusuri to have failed three times in the exact same way.

Which I guess means I'm leaning towards the lab accident theory? Huh.
The immortality drug is something she still hasn't figured out how to make correctly, and she was probably pressed for time, so failing three times in similar ways is entirely possible, what I don't believe would happen is a lab accident, because I've never seen her have one of those, and I doubt both parents being there would make sense. You mean to tell me you think a lab accident would happen with three drug geniuses in a controlled environment? Also Kusuri herself says that she and her parents took the immortality drug, not that they were hit with it or accidentally inhaled gas or something. Also Kusuri has repeatedly created failed and flawed drugs, she mentions that Rentarou drinks them for her in a previous chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The immortality drug is something she still hasn't figured out how to make correctly, and she was probably pressed for time, so failing three times in similar ways is entirely possible, what I don't believe would happen is a lab accident, because I've never seen her have one of those, and I doubt both parents being there would make sense. You mean to tell me you think a lab accident would happen with three drug geniuses in a controlled environment? Also Kusuri herself says that she and her parents took the immortality drug, not that they were hit with it or accidentally inhaled gas or something. Also Kusuri has repeatedly created failed and flawed drugs, she mentions that Rentarou drinks them for her in a previous chapter.
Now, now, we have seen her accidentally dose people repeatedly, and often in groups (kiss zombies, the become-a-baby drug — twice! — and so on). I'll admit to some imprecision in language, as none of those accidents took place in the lab, but I can pretty easily envision a scenario where Kusuri, say, served the drug to her family instead of tea (as we've seen her do to Rentarou multiple times), or something.

(And it's been shown repeatedly that the Yakuzen genius is very tightly limited to drugs, and has an almost total disregard for safety, ethics, or basic plausibility, so I don't think that adding more of them really makes accidents less likely.)

All that said, I suppose the took-intentionally scenario is just your basic "This time for sure!" routine, which is also fully in character for everyone involved. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Dex-chan lover
Now, now, we have seen her accidentally dose people repeatedly, and often in groups (kiss zombies, the become-a-baby drug — twice! — and so on). I'll admit to some imprecision in language, as none of those accidents took place in the lab, but I can pretty easily envision a scenario where Kusuri, say, served the drug to her family instead of tea (as we've seen her do to Rentarou multiple times), or something.

(And it's been shown repeatedly that the Yakuzen genius is very tightly limited to drugs, and has an almost total disregard for safety, ethics, or basic plausibility, so I don't think that adding more of them really makes accidents less likely.)

All that said, I suppose the took-intentionally scenario is just your basic "This time for sure!" routine, which is also fully in character for everyone involved. You pays your money and you takes your choice.
Idk, the wording is pretty obvious I think, she literally says that they all took the drug, not that they accidently got hit with the drug or something. And I feel like when dealing with a life or death situation she wouldn't mess up so badly, especially seeing how much she loves her granny.

Users who are viewing this thread