The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You

Contributor
Just so I don't leave anybody hanging, here's the followup:

JlBWh2e.png

So question, is this where we can talk about the manga even if they can't post it here?

Follow up question, why is it that they can't???

And finally a comment on the chapter:
What the flying f*** is happening with that end page!?

Contributor
@Malikoman
Talking about the manga (and the scans) is fine, just don't directly link to the images.
It's not that they can't post here, it's that there was a...disagreement between MDex and some groups.

@Malikoman
I know, right? My heart just about stopped when I read it. Nevertheless, it's likely a false alarm. Couple of options I could think of:
1. She's got some sort of illness and will "die soon". (Unlikely.)
2. She's got a fiancee. (Unlikely.)
3. She's putting the happiness of others above her own and wants Rentarou to be happy with the other girls, and by removing herself from the picture he'll have more time for them. (Very likely.)
I think (and desperately hope) this is a minor drama plot that will get resolved in a chapter or two. However... the author may decide to go berserk and set fire to the world by having them truly break up, have the other girls break up too due to following her example, have them all die because they couldn't be with the soul mate, and then have Rentarou kill himself out of sorrow.

@dummyaccount12345 Yeah, that could happen. Also:
Suddenly God-sama appears and tells hims something about them not really needing to end together or smthn else.
I really think it's just extra drama and nothing more.

@Malikoman
Honestly, I think that will happen eventually regardless, because I really can't see any way the author can juggle 100 girlfriends. Like, that's beyond me. However, if he does so, that would mean going against the title, so he may incur the wrath of some readers. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the girls so far, and I'd rather if we just stopped at that. In fact, I'm hoping that this sudden "breakup request" will shock the protagonist, forcing the plot to move along, and somehow what you said will happen or they'll find a way to limit the number of soul mates to the current girls. I just hope that the author does not pull a The World God Only Knows on us.

@Malikoman
Well, basically, The World God Only Knows tells the story of a guy who's like the god of dating sim games. A couple of things happen, and, well, he ends up having to use his dating sim abilities in real life and conquer the heart of girls. It's actually pretty interesting.

Anyway, what follows are serious spoilers, so you've been warned. At the end of the story, there are many routes the protagonist could take. He could opt for the harem end, choosing some of the girls he had conquered, which would be fine. He could also choose to settle with just one of the girls he had conquered; there were many top-tier heroines in the series; one of my favorite ones was Aqua, who actually wasn't a romance target. He could also opt for some of the mid-grade heroines. There were tons of those. Not too bad, but not too good either. However. HOWEVER. Despite having so many amazing options, he went with the worst heroine in my opinion.

Seriously, there were so many girls, and yet he had to choose the most boring, most bland, most plain one (again, all of this is solely my opinion). I was already pissed that it didn't go for a harem end; there was already a supernatural element in the story, so realism be damned, harem end could work; if a supernatural/fantasy story starts as a harem, at least to me, it should end as a harem. But no harem. That's fine. I can live with that. Surely that means he'll at least choose one of the best girls, right? And... well, I already told you how it turned out.

Anyway, yeah, that's certainly not the kind of ending I want this story to have, like I already mentioned. I believe there were some people who liked the ending of TWGOK, but, if I remember correctly, they were the minority. For a very good reason. The girl the protagonist chose was nowhere close to being best girl.

@dummyaccount12345 Most of the romantic mangas I've read that have the harem tag end up far away from the harem ending. It's pretty annoying if you ask me.
I really hope this one actually dares and finishes that way.

@Malikoman
Same. In fact, I the number of manga that I know that have a solid, no-other-interpretation-possible harem ending can be counted in one hand (5 or so) (there's another one that has an official harem ending, so technically six, but I don't want to consider it (or even think about it) because, well, I don't like NTR as a whole, and especially not in my wholesome harem manga, so I pretend it doesn't exist). The few other manga with harem endings that I know have somewhat ambiguous endings. It's technically a harem ending, but not really officialized. And that's considering the number of harem manga that I've read probably number in the thousands (or at least a few hundreds). I'm really hoping this manga will fall into the first group I mentioned.

dummyaccount12345
Ok, first, I'll need that list of mangas with good harem endings xDD
Second, I HATE NTR! Why does it exist???? It's annoying that some of the best f**** artists end up adding it to their stories and for no reason. Even if it's not real NTR they try to make you feel that drama just because it's popular. Maaaan xDDDD

Contributor
I can only say..this is pure grade trash, Harem is trully incel lifeblood

Dex-chan lover
So it is absolute bitch mother trying to force the issue. I hope she gets so mad about them eloping she has a heart attack and then her daughter gains all the money.

Dex-chan lover
@starburst98
Yeah, I get what you're saying but to be fair, if it's someone looking from a different perspective, like, say, what I assume an already overprotective mom (with loads o cash and influence) even before learning her daughter was dating in what she assumes a four-timing bastard. She's going to be... concerned, to say the least.

Mad props to Rentarou all the same, though

Dex-chan lover
@savris
I hate her because she is making an ultimatum, she is right and everyone else is wrong. extenuating circumstances? That is a myth poor people use.

Dex-chan lover
I'm quite destitute then. Well, trying to insert real world logic to how overblown anime/manga characters react is always a slippery slope that grinds someones gears most of the time

Users who are viewing this thread