The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 19 Ch. 94 - Keep the pot boiling. III

Nice chapter. In case the scan group is reading, can we please stop with the Alchemist thing? Anyone who's got to the point of change, has already read through 89 chapters of them being called Sorcerers just fine. Regardless of whether it fits better or not, changing something this late is just confusing. Thank you for translating regardless, still.

Dex-chan lover
This arc introduced so many adult mages that are completely irrelevant to the main plot. It's hard to keep track of them, and it doesn't help they have such similar backgrounds and appearances.

When Zaccaroni was first introduced he was a criminal that wasn't even part of the school, but now we're told his master was faculty this whole time. Was it all just some kind of rebellious phase? Kore really defanged him.

It's amazing I never actually looked into the symbolism of mistletoe until now. It's a parasitic plant that grows on other trees and remains leafy and green even in Winter while everything else has lost its foliage. Of course it's become associated with vitality and fertility in various cultures.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Know one thing I LOVE about this series... the characters' names.

I can't say everyone single one is real, but they all feel realistic, inside of the naming convention of their respective countries. Sigrid Bachman, Fabio Zaccaroni, Narcisse Maugham, I can say if someone in real life would be called any of these (at least the surnames, the names I know exist, specially Sigrid and Fabio), but in a story like this, these names do sound real.

I understand that it is difficult to name characters outside of your own country but in manga, I see so many stupid "foreigner" names, so I respect Kore-sensei a lot for at least putting some work into naming.

Fabio and Sigrid's little "sibling" was cute.

Double-page supporter
Please stop the alchemists terms. Among all things, it's the weirdest thing out here. I've read since chapter 1, and changing the terms really makes me uncomfortable.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't notice that they called her "child of dragon" the first time...
Please stop the alchemists terms. Among all things, it's the weirdest thing out here. I've read since chapter 1, and changing the terms really makes me uncomfortable.
Wow attacking official translation? That's a low blow.

Users who are viewing this thread