The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 9 Ch. 45 - Live And Live

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad this chapter was slightly different to what they portrayed in the anime but I've mixed feelings on this arc. It introduced some interesting concepts but I feel like half of it was too heavy-handed. The other half just sort of felt like it was retreading and I didn't find it super engaging.

At least now it's over and we can possibly meet chise 's father or brother, least I'd hope this next arc would tackle that. The college seems like it would know plenty of people up to and including a man involved with wolf like creatures running away with a baby.

Hopefully next arc is good.

Dex-chan lover
Geh. This chapter was...weird. Well, Mahoutsukai has always been weird, but this was a different kind of weird. Ashen Eyes is taking sides now? And she's helping the Wandering Jew, no less? Who ends up defeated, somehow, and Chise's dragon curse is magically fixed as well. All those are a bit too convenient, but I could accept them. Chise going back with Elias and even having a sort-of-not-really wedding ceremony though? I just can't see this. It would already be a controversial pairing (yes, yes, I know it's in the title, but that doesn't change what we've seen so far) but after Elias' utter betrayal of Chise's trust, I expected a lot more mending needed than "you said you were sorry and you ended up helping me". I mean, Chise ran to CARTAPHILIUS FOR HELP, for chrissakes.

Oh well. One way or another, the arc is over. Let's see how college life goes when you're an ageless half-breed monstrosity or a natural font of magic.

Dex-chan lover
so, did she remove josephs eye and put hers back in because his curse or cart's curse is now a part of her or is the artist being lazy and forgetting to draw the right eyes?

Reading this chapter makes me believe that the reason Cartaphilus threw stones at Jesus 2000 years ago was because he felt the same thing about Jesus like what he feels about Chise : feel annoyed at Jesus sacrificing Himself without caring about the feelings of the people who loved Him. He said it himself, he doesn't like good people like that 😅

Fed-Kun's army
I have been re-binge reading it and @inspirationxvii I really like your idea, it does seem to fit in quite well.
I really enjoyed the old arcs much more.

Dex-chan lover
I trust that she got her own eyeball back and is returned to a matching pair?

Anyway, for most of that chapter it seemed like the end of the series, but then it wasn't. Go figure.

Group Leader
Ashen Eyes just want to have fun, it will sides with whichever side is more fun. It has lived for millenniums, I'm not surprised if its sense of humor got twisted a lot.

To the school arc we go!

Dex-chan lover
Great ending for the arc. A bit messy but we're seeing a new beginning for Chise and Elias as people and as partners. What that means for each of them may come into question here but no doubt they will move forward together.

Dex-chan lover
Reading this chapter makes me believe that the reason Cartaphilus threw stones at Jesus 2000 years ago was because he felt the same thing about Jesus like what he feels about Chise : feel annoyed at Jesus sacrificing Himself without caring about the feelings of the people who loved Him. He said it himself, he doesn't like good people like that 😅
Such people are good, but they are also among the most cruel people when it comes to those that love them.

Constantly getting hurt and risking their lives, undervaluing their own life and the value those that love them put on their life.

A hero that is surrounded by those they love is a hero that will leave cruel and ugly scars on those loved ones once they inevitably die.

It is bit of an interesting juxtaposition. The value of some random stranger's life or the value of the mental, and sometimes physical, well being of everyone that cares for you. A hero will save the stranger, often unknowing about what they are doing to those around them.

Users who are viewing this thread