The Anemone Feels the Heat - Ch. 43.2 - Misunderstanding (2)

Dex-chan lover
I assume this drama makes a lot more sense if you're Japanese, not that it would necessarily be  better, but I can't help but feel for us it is infinitely worse due to missing some cultural context.

At least that's why I think drama like this is so common :thonk:
My experience is they complain about the same shit in the comments when I read them. They actually sound eerily similar to us sometimes. It shocks me every now and then. I thought we were special.

Dex-chan lover
I assume this drama makes a lot more sense if you're Japanese, not that it would necessarily be  better, but I can't help but feel for us it is infinitely worse due to missing some cultural context.

At least that's why I think drama like this is so common :thonk:
God bless Japan then

Dex-chan lover
Yo, that drama feels so forced. Nagisa never acted like that with Mashiro even with the beach debacle. And now you make her be angry over a nobody she doesn't even care about? Hell to the no! Give me a reason for them arguing instead of twisting you MC's personality to fit the plot!!

The author seems to forget that this character is a complete stranger and that it's perfectly reasonable to maybe not want your girlfriend to hang out with this person that just keeps insulting you and neither of you know very well.

Nagisa acts like glasses girl is an old friend and she wants her friend and her girlfriend to get along
but they're not friends, they didn't know each other before this...

Characters in manga in general have a very hard time to just stop hanging out with horrible people. The author thought of a story that needs them to be there but any normal person would just try to avoid them after the first meeting.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I'm still going to read this usually fluffy tale of Girl's and their First loves, but I do have to say the direction taken is a bit too predictable and lacking?

I would have preferred if Kouhai was introduced in a manner that was not so antagonistic? Right now I do agree with the majority that she's too insolent and it doesn't make sense for her to feel so entitled to speak to someone that she doesn't know. The author is trying for some sort of celebrity idolization but it feels forced. There'd been no hint of Nagisa being admired so severely, not until Mashiro came along anyway. Would have preferred Nagisa meeting an old classmate or maybe even a rival new friend at cram school since it was clear this was the direction they were going to go with.

Kouhai is just too annoying. Her intent feels inauthentic. She's behaving much like Nagisa's twin sisters would and they're elementary school kids. Would have preferred the introduction of a character that actually had a connection with Nagisa and not just someone who stalked her from the background.

Like wouldn't it have been better if Mashiro's been stewing sad thoughts because Nagisa's been busy. She picks her up from cram school to surprise her one day and she sees Nagisa chatting with someone. She gets an intro and then we see her retreat into her bubble of self-flagellation as she starts to stew and wonder how much she's holding Nagisa back? She hears them talking about smart people things and she feels left out because she doesn't understand... rather than this mess we're stomaching because we love these characters so much?

Given that we COMPLETELY DROPPED Riri and Uda's arch, I definitely was not expecting a random rival subplot. And it's not being handled well... Nagisa is being a complete ass. Get a grip, girl, you girlfriend is not that hard to read!

Supporter
That was an excellent chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next chapter. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
I just have three words after reading this chapter :
Oh fuck off!!! 😬

Author just pulling shit out from behind now. These interactions seem way too forced and unnatural. Completely unnecessary

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's nice to know that dense MCs are always a thing, man or woman, gay or straight.

Seriously tho, that's on Nagisa.

Confused. These two have never not been honest with each other about their feelings and insecurities. It's one of the things that makes this yuri series stand out amongst others. This isn't in line with either of their characters and agreed with other comments that the expository nature of this rando girl showing up and immediately throwing opinions and judgements from years ago is completely from outer space in this otherwise grounded series.

What I'm really hoping might get explored is the question of Nagisa giving up other pursuits to become a doctor out of some kind of savior/caregiver complex because of Mashiro. That's legit.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa whoa author wtf, and last chapter I just said theyll get thru this?!?! Ugh no I must have faith

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, manufactured drama about how human interactions go

no one will believe this is how real humans act...right? :huh:

Dex-chan lover
I am also on Mashiro's side this time, that Kohai is too hostile to her, I hope this drama doesn't last long as I want to see more moments with both Mashiro and Nagisa as they are my favorite couple in this series.

And I don't know if it's just me but the quality in the last two chapters felt a bit low, not that much but compared to the initial chapters, it might have been because of the tone of the chapter, and unfortunately these last chapters were shorter. :(
This is what happens when authors don't plan ahead... I get that you never know when your gonna get the axe but long term story structure and having a set idea of the narrative your trying to tell make a huge impact on the story quality.

Users who are viewing this thread