The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten - Ch. 15.3

Double-page supporter
the manga is definitely the sweetest out of the three mediums even though overall I do prefer the LN over the manga. The anime's lack of fluid facial expression and body language made a lot of key scenes and otherwise wholesome moments fall flat compared to the manga

One of the LN's strengths is its writing. It's especially great in describing the situation while also explaining Amane's and Mahiru's thoughts. Definitely let my imagination run wild. This is something that is missing from the anime; they are doing 'show, don't tell' (which is good), but, unfortunately, they're not showing enough. The manga takes another route by making Mahiru and Amane more expressive, hence why it feels like Mahiru's becomes sweeter and Amane is more expressive. It makes the anime feel boring.

The LN illustrations also give me a different impression! Especially the changes from Vol 1 to the later volume. I'm a big fan of Kazutake Hazano's art style (Saint Cecilia, The Fairytale-like you), especially with how sweet Mahiru looks (yes, I have a sweet spot for tareme eyes, how did you know?). However, Hanekoto's art fits the characterisation better by making Mahiru looks 'colder', especially during the early volume. Also, Hanekoto can draw more than six faces, unlike Hazano.

Double-page supporter
One of the LN's strengths is its writing. It's especially great in describing the situation while also explaining Amane's and Mahiru's thoughts. Definitely let my imagination run wild. This is something that is missing from the anime; they are doing 'show, don't tell' (which is good), but, unfortunately, they're not showing enough. The manga takes another route by making Mahiru and Amane more expressive, hence why it feels like Mahiru's becomes sweeter and Amane is more expressive. It makes the anime feel boring.

The LN illustrations also give me a different impression! Especially the changes from Vol 1 to the later volume. I'm a big fan of Kazutake Hazano's art style (Saint Cecilia, The Fairytale-like you), especially with how sweet Mahiru looks (yes, I have a sweet spot for tareme eyes, how did you know?). However, Hanekoto's art fits the characterisation better by making Mahiru looks 'colder', especially during the early volume. Also, Hanekoto can draw more than six faces, unlike Hazano.
Damn no wonder why I feel that sometimes Cecilia and Mahiru look similar!

Double-page supporter
Damn I get a sugar overdose and friendship backstory?! Damn we're eating so well that I don't think my stomach can handle it all!

Double-page supporter
Damn no wonder why I feel that sometimes Cecilia and Mahiru look similar!

It is very similar in the first volume! The second volume onward looks more different because Hanekoto drew her more 'colder'.

Oh, also, compare Mahiru (Vol 1), Cecilia, and Kagami, and they're (almost) interchangeable. I swear Hazano can only draw six faces. I still love his art style though. Very fluffy.

Dex-chan lover
I really REALLY hope this continues without any kind of drama, stupid, contrived, or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread