The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - The Devil's Trumpet

Dex-chan lover
They need to put the guard, who beat up Mao Mao, through some aggressive interrogations. The man would spill a name or two. Probably not direct culprits, but middlemen. If those middlemen are still alive, they would know a lot more. If they are dead already, their surroundings and known contacts could still serve as hints.

That title is super misleading! I thought for sure it meant that the anger of both Jinshi and her father were unleashed upon the poor guard. XD

Double-page supporter
And... POOF! The suspense... gone...

I honestly expected more indepth interactions between Jinshi and Mao×2, instead of simply "how tf did you know someone wanna clap my arse?"

Let's be real here. We want some Jinshi x Mao×2 romantic development. Or at least it's just me.

Dex-chan lover
i fucking love my poisoned-cat daughter oh my god she even got the maniacal laughter down

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme They never hinted that the guard that hit her knew anything, she only taunted him because she wanted to cause a commotion and hopefully halt the ceremony before the pillar fell. He was just doing his job, Maomao is just a servant that can be killed by anyone at any time, the only thing protecting her is her patron Jinshi's name, which the guard obviously didn't know.

You have to remember that this manga's world is based on ancient China where servants were no better than slaves and their lives weren't worth anything.

Dex-chan lover
@anewpop: A lowly positioned servant saving the life of his/her master isn't something since as being heroic, but rather its seen as something which is expected to be done for the job.
So, it isn't seen as a need for others to praise them.

@Morose I'm not necessarily talking about high class people saying "thanks" to her. You could simply have some panels with Jinshi telling himself how glad he is to have kept her.

Fed-Kun's army
love how no one tried to stop her when she was opening the casket lol

Dex-chan lover
@anewpop @Morose Something will probably be said when she recieves her reward. It's rare we see inside anyone's head but Mao Mao's, but unless the reward is skipped because "It's not important" Jinshi will probably say something then.

Rakan knew everything. Considering his position he could get any information that Maomao couldn't. That might be why he was at the ceremony to help Maomao and also why he ask her to investigate the dead craftsman techniques who remade the ceremonial tools.

And now Maomao didn't even care if the culprit was dead or alive. She wants her drug!

Dex-chan lover
@sedition I'd rather think the guard was there as a contingency mechanism for the culprit, to delay any unforeseen, extra person from suddenly appearing and disturbing the assassination plot. He did that quite decisively.

A servant can be killed by anyone, any time? Hardly. In the first place, a servant belongs to someone's staff by the very definition, even if you don't know whose staff. You can't even kill a slave randomly, as it would equal to destroying someone's property, let alone a servant.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Braziers can't melt metal fittings, it was a orchestrated demolition - WAKE UP GOYIM

Korean flower, able to bring the dead back to life...
Next thing there will be parasitic worm creating zombies in here.

Users who are viewing this thread