The Apothecary Is Gonna Make This Ragged Elf Happy - Vol. 2 Ch. 64.5 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
Feels like the author set up so many Chekhov's guns but didn't utilize them and it makes me question what was the point in helping her bit by bit if a magical potion was going to fix her up. That was what disappointed me the most, but hey the apothecary did finally make the ragged elf happy in the end, which is what matters the most.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I agree that the elf mountain town arc was meh. I also think that using a magic potion to completely cure her and fix her limbs and eyes and such really cheapens her progress throughout the story.

What was the point of slowly healing her scars to the best of his ability over the course of many months?

What was the point of amputating her limbs, getting some organic replacements, and working hard for months to be able to use them and be able to use magic again?

What was the point of making the trip to Dwarven lands, having artificial limbs custom made for her, and sacrificing the Air Gowl's magic engines to power them?

What was the point of her trying so hard to be able to function independently so she could start working alongside him?

The only sort of positive thing it does, in a weird way, is bring down her lifespan closer to his, letting them be together normally.

I don't know, I guess I feel like she would have been equally happy had she not taken the potion. He already loved her, scars and metal limbs included. She was already happy with him.

Scars, and the physical ramifications of what's happened to you, shouldn't be so easily fixed.
It's basically saying, "yep, you can really make a lot of progress and come back from a really dark place, and become capable of functioning again, and even if you have scars, it doesn't have to take anything away from you. Buuuuuut, you'll never be as good as you were before without all the scars and issues, and your hard work to get where you are is meaningless when compared to what you used to be."

It's actually really disappointing.

In one of the chapters, the person who replaced some of her limbs said that her lady parts were in bad shape. I took it to understood that, at a minimum, she could no longer have children with that body (at a maximum, penetrative sex might have been impossible without horrific pain).

With that little nugget of information, that makes me think her body being healed was really more about them being able to have a family.

although the ending is rushed, it doesn't mean that it's less emotional. a beautiful ending that the two deserved after all the horrendous experience they both went through, so seeing them settle down and lived in peace afterwards made me cut onions

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I agree that the elf mountain town arc was meh. I also think that using a magic potion to completely cure her and fix her limbs and eyes and such really cheapens her progress throughout the story.

What was the point of slowly healing her scars to the best of his ability over the course of many months?

What was the point of amputating her limbs, getting some organic replacements, and working hard for months to be able to use them and be able to use magic again?

What was the point of making the trip to Dwarven lands, having artificial limbs custom made for her, and sacrificing the Air Gowl's magic engines to power them?

What was the point of her trying so hard to be able to function independently so she could start working alongside him?

The only sort of positive thing it does, in a weird way, is bring down her lifespan closer to his, letting them be together normally.

I don't know, I guess I feel like she would have been equally happy had she not taken the potion. He already loved her, scars and metal limbs included. She was already happy with him.

Scars, and the physical ramifications of what's happened to you, shouldn't be so easily fixed.
It's basically saying, "yep, you can really make a lot of progress and come back from a really dark place, and become capable of functioning again, and even if you have scars, it doesn't have to take anything away from you. Buuuuuut, you'll never be as good as you were before without all the scars and issues, and your hard work to get where you are is meaningless when compared to what you used to be."

While I find this series is wholesome. ill have to agree with ya here. All those efforts felt like a waste after she drank the potion. And yeah prolly the only good thing is her lifespan is closer to him

Meanwhile Adam in the background be lyke. "Ok u get your ori limbs back, now give my spare limbs back" hahahaha
(They did pay him tho)

Last edited:

He had already mentioned the potion in one of the first chapters, he never meant for her to drink it.
Now, the fact that she did drink it doesn't invalidate their efforts, if hypothetically, she had drank the potion from the start, it would have healed her physically, but would still be a mess inside.
From the moment she gained back her consciousness, she wanted to heal, not only for herself, but also for him, and he also wanted her to heal (maybe for selfish reasons at the start, but still), so when she got her limbs, she could actively work for that, the fact that they went through all that stuff proves that they both really wanted that, that it was always her wish to fully heal, so much so that she was willing to give up years of her life, if it meant healing completely.
The fact that she drank it doesn't invalidate the struggles they went through, because they wouldn't have gotten to that point without them, to the point where she would be able to make that decison herself, and it doesn't invalidate the fact that her, and healing her, helped him too.

Double-page supporter
Ending feels a bit rushed but it's still complete and happy ending. Wish there was more, i would have love to see them as happy family. Still good tho. :glee:

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit bummed that she didn't choose to keep her kickass metal limbs, but of course, her happiness is the priority. I reckon she wants to feel the softness and texture of things, not just its weight and volume -- if what I surmise of artificial limbs hold true here.

Users who are viewing this thread