The Blue Eye of Horus: The Story of a Queen Dressed as a Man - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 - Caged lioness

Fed-Kun's army
I don't trust Panhesi but he has a point. Back in a such a conservative society as ancient Egypt, peacefulness and femininity would likely be seen as weakness., which would tempt ambitious people within the kingdom and without to cause trouble. Even if a ruler actually gave a shit about the lives of their people and didn't want to throw them away in pointless wars, they'd still need to portray themselves as very capable of violence.

Contributor
Weren’t you guys building the pyramids at this point?

Hatshepsut lived from about 1507-1458 BCE. Most of the major pyramids were erected anywhere from 2670 BCE (Pharaoh Djoser) to 1764 BCE (Pharaoh Khendjer), centuries before Hatshepsut was born.

You have to understand that even during the reign of Cleopatra, the pyramids were considered ancient. It’s why so many conspiracy theories about how they were built exist, because they were crafted at almost the beginning of civilization as we know it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I think this an interesting development but I’ll have to see how it fully plays out to know if it was good idea or not

Dex-chan lover
I don't trust Panhesi but he has a point. Back in a such a conservative society as ancient Egypt, peacefulness and femininity would likely be seen as weakness., which would tempt ambitious people within the kingdom and without to cause trouble. Even if a ruler actually gave a shit about the lives of their people and didn't want to throw them away in pointless wars, they'd still need to portray themselves as very capable of violence.
Ancient Egypt wasn't really that conservative. In fact, ancient Egypt was one of the few ancient civilizations that allowed women to own land. Noble women in particular had quite a bit of political power too.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Hatshepsut lived from about 1507-1458 BCE. Most of the major pyramids were erected anywhere from 2670 BCE (Pharaoh Djoser) to 1764 BCE (Pharaoh Khendjer), centuries before Hatshepsut was born.

You have to understand that even during the reign of Cleopatra, the pyramids were considered ancient. It’s why so many conspiracy theories about how they were built exist, because they were crafted at almost the beginning of civilization as we know it.
Ancient egyptians were building canals since 3100 BC, anyway.

Noooo senmut. Thanks for the chapter!! I can’t wait to see where they go from here.

Users who are viewing this thread