The Blue Eye of Horus: The Story of a Queen Dressed as a Man

I'm very much enjoying this, it is merciless in how it shows the woman is naive, and it shows the reality of her decisions in a brutal and unforgiving world.

I really like the evolution of Hatshepsut. While she was initially naive but strong willed, she's slowly learning the political nature of her station and becoming a more reliable leader. I'm looking forward to the political war she's going to start waging soon.

Supporter
The girl who was controlling man with his "charms" are more suitable to be a priestess of basthet the goddess with cat head than Isis the goddess of love.

Dex-chan lover
this looks interesting. i always love female leads in seinen genre

I'm surprised there isn't more Egyptian references or blatant manga based around the lore in Japan. Outside of this, and Yugioh, I haven't seen anything else which is pretty sad.

@Rize_Suzumiya
For any manga based on the culture or mythology of any culture, including the Japanese one, there are ten or twelve focusing on European medieval fantasy and Nordic mythology.
Japanese love Europe. It can't be helped.

This manga is a really pleasant surprise. The proofreading and QA needs improvement, but the quality of the original shines through. I want to know more about all the characters, and the art is great. Even the details of the costumes and architecture are there.
Why? Is this going to be popular enough to justify the care and attention?

Please tell us the the disappearance of all the chapters is just a glitch... ?
Yeah, it was a glitch ?.

Oh god, I'm deeply moved by this manga!
It's still lacking in sentimental touch, but it's very bold from the get-go.

So finally I peek at the contents of vol. 4 and 5 that haven't been translated :
52594380_527826114374897_4957208900370694144_o.jpg

52681146_527826124374896_3302366432242696192_o.jpg

Oooh, the ship is sailing! I like how everyone (esp. personal maid, the harem ladies) react about the love that grows between them.
I still remember the confession in chapter 8 lol
Romance confirmed. I like them, they are like a family! I really hope they both can survive to the end. This manga is full of surprises and can be brutal on many sides.

As far as I observed, Senmout was really more likely to rise to the next throne. The behind-the-scenes alliance with the queen is enough to give an answer...then their relationship (they even slept together). This is not exactly predictable either, but if Hapsepshut's father is an ordinary citizen at first, then that fate will also work on Senmout.

Is this on hiatus / dropped? Does anyone know?
I'd really like to know how it continues. The themes or better how they are treated is (in my humble opinion) very rare.
(I could now try to write about why, but my english is rusty & I'm simply too tired, so sorry and have fun reading this. Or not because it's not all flowery)

Users who are viewing this thread