The City of Imprisoned Love - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - “Behind the Eye”

Dex-chan lover
My confusion has been rekindled. Is this a good thing? Is this a bad thing? God knows.

Too much randomness though, that is for sure.

Contributor
V13.png

7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

Fed-Kun's army
that granpa is mc him self right ???
and that girl somethinglike automata ??

Dex-chan lover
So is this like some kind of SOMA shit where we're looking in the perspective of an "uploaded" consciousness who's slowly becoming aware that he's "uploaded"?

So I assume the only way for him to "solve" this is to attain, if you know The Elder Scrolls lore, a CHIM-like state?

Dex-chan lover
from what I can see so far i think that the old guy created this world to get back the emotions that humans have lost due to the AI basically becoming a version of skynet that is not out to destroy humanity through weapons but through taking away their emotions.

honestly pretty confused right here.

Dex-chan lover
I think that I'll give it a thoroughly read once it's completed, untill then, I'll just shut down my brain and pretend that I'm not here because of Yukki.

Dex-chan lover
Okay... so let's go slowly.

So in the end, the city is just a MMO that went WAY off-rails and trapped their players SAO style just to harvest their emotions while the rest of the world went to sh*t under the AIs?

And this Inaba girl, looking like Yukiko throws some serious questions about Yukiko's nature.

Dex-chan lover
@Korvalus yeah pretty much

@KyonFanta nothing so far has been real
they have been deep under layers of autistic friendship power simulations and the real world is run by robots while the human vegetables sit in some corner playing vr games

Dex-chan lover
Inb4 something dumb like it's not actually Ai but A.I. and it's actually evil or something.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Any more "deep storytelling and plot twists" and i might as well develop Trench Foot while we are at it. I can't tell if it's dumb, overcomplicated or interesting anymore.

We finally got some reliable hint of what's actually going on in the actual real world. Possibly they developed AI good enough that there was no point for humanity to do any kind of work anymore and the ability to digitize emotions created the "greatest entertainment" as everyone could live in their own world where they are the MC (like the dream the Patissier gave to Makoto). Humanity simply made itself absolutely unnecessary and slowly got absorbed in their own dream worlds.

The only exception was the creator of the technology (possibly Makoto) out of regret for what he's done and who is plotting a way for humanity to take back control of their own fate without the help of machines (in this case the machine that learned emotion and became capable of actually thinking, Yukiko Inaba).

I thought both Ai exploded.. but the one by the bed seems to have a pretty good restore function..
Ai is skynet with emotions.. yikes.
Ponders if Makoto is a copy of that scientist's youthful form or just one of the last remaining humans capable of free will..

Dex-chan lover
I still don't understand why the Patissier suddenly exploded.

Dex-chan lover
@Nolonar
At the very beginning Ai exploded when he confessed to her. Patissier and Ai look the same so are connected in some way. In the other world the other Ai made him confess again and Patissier exploded. Love confession seems to be some kind of key to the "Ai" entity exploding.

Users who are viewing this thread