The City of Imprisoned Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - “The Point of Staying Behind”

Fed-Kun's army
@thegoatrider its not like himself back then already knew how to make ai and save his brain and stuff right?
all that happened far later in his life

As mentioned in the first world A chapter, emotions is something new for machines. In this chapter it's mentioned that they only learned how to cook recently because for them stuff like taste didn't matter, they only cared about "living" efficiently: keeping their body functional and healthy, working, marrying and having kids, all that not out of desires but because it's their task to be the human in the human's place, thus they are soulless. It's not necessarily the spiritual-religious sense of the human soul, but in the artificiality and pointlessness of those lives.

Since it's implied that the A.I. are learning emotions (and humans continue to disappear in fake dream worlds), they are going to become the new dominant species with their own "souls" that either perfectly mimics humanity or that is something unique, and therefore things will eventually end up fine (but not for the real humans). And Yukiko by actually learning directly from human beings (and maybe having the most advanced tech as well) was able to evolve faster than the rest in actually developing her own free will (more than the ability to just make -pointless - decisions that all A.I. already had).

Dex-chan lover
@CSmith327 & @Kampfarsch: Let's... leave it as "scientifically unconfirmed" to avoid drama, yes?
And as for the brain uploading thing, my opinion is different. I've seen several plots like that and the mayority are of the sense of that the brain doesn't get uploaded per sé, just a copy of the brain is. The original brain is still the same person, just that there's a digital copy around, like in this manga.
In the same vein, I think that when an AI enters a biological body it doesn't remove souls, consciences or anything, those things are more complicated than that. They just "rewrite" them. The person, in a way, is still the same. They just think they're somebody else, and may even have some of the quirks or mechanical memory of the original personality.
For example, if the original host of the body has an habit of always drink his coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar, even if the AI inserted is a blank slate, the AI will have the habit of drink it's coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar. That sort of things.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kampfarsch I consider myself an atheist but I still hope that there's something that'll happen like reincarnation or an afterlife. I'd hate for it to just be lights out no longer existing. I've always been scared of that thought. I guess I wouldn't exist or think any more so I wouldn't be able to tell, but it's still a scary thought tho. I only mentioned that as a problem cuz Yukiko said it herself that they didn't have souls

Dex-chan lover
looper-header.jpeg

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. I guess i'll continue reading this for the "art".

Contributor
Six more chapters of this trainwreck; I can't wait to see what other nonsense curveballs the author throws at us.

Dex-chan lover
@CSmith327 That doesnt mean that souls are a thing in this story though
Calling machines "soulless" is pretty common

@Korvalus If the memory is truly overwritten those habits and addictions would vanish too

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch: I think that I haven't explained myself properly. I was referring to the "automatic" habits: the ones that you remember with your body instead of your mind.
Have you ever done things in "auto", like you didn't made any conscious order, so to speak, but did them anyway? Those kind of habits.

It’s been so long since the last chapter I completely forgot the plot lol

What does the phrase "we were driven from our bodies" mean? Are the A.I.s hard-coded to sacrifice themselves to humans or something? Does this mean that if humans decided to re-upload themselves onto their own bodies, the A.I.s cannot intervene and will "die"?

>if only we knew how bad things really are

it was good until the explodee women arc

Double-page supporter
@Viruth yes. The author tried to hard to complicate the plots but he failed at the very fundamental thing; no one cares about Ai except the MC, his future self and Yukiko. It started strong but failed spectacularly as the story goes on because it nevers tries to rectify its fundamental flaw and make every development more and more pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread