The Clueless Transfer Student Is Assertive. - Vol. 3 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
I wanna say it's good the teacher intervened when she said too much and tried to let her make her own decision, but he really should've done so much earlier.

I guess it's time for a new friend to be made.

@criver the point is that there's no character development.

For example, the grinch who hates christmas stole presents from kids.

So how did his character develop?

He saw how sad the kids were and his heart grew so he returned the gifts.

That's character development.

Here, a character that was introduced as "the bully", that didn't seem interested at all at the mc suddenly had a crush on him, without any development.

The problem is there was NO character development. That was the problem

There should be an event that shows how she's suddenly into him, not just throw that in when she didn't seem interested at all the last chapter she was in

Dex-chan lover
@tae_ka_pre
The problem is there was NO character development.

a character that was introduced as "the bully", that didn't seem interested at all at the mc suddenly had a crush on him

I call this character development. A one-dimensional bully was extended to a character that is not defined only by being a bully. You can of course argue that this was not motivated enough, and you probably have a point regarding that. On the other hand, kids have crushes basically at random, so it's not that unplausible.

@criver
The point is, the last chapter she was in she wasn't interested in him.

It makes it look like the author just made her have a crush on him to give that harem feel or that "self-insert feel popular feel"

This is not character development. You don't understand what that means do you?

Foe character development to happen, something must happen to a character, like a twist of events or whatnot.

For example, a scaredy cat kid could get lost in the woods with a brave character, and the brave character tells him something inspirational which gives him the determination to gather up courage.

Then for the next few years of his life he became a courageous person by living with those words he heard as a child.

You can't just go: "The character is like this."

Yeah, we established that now.

"Ah... Wait, I meant the character is like this instead!"

What??

I had a feeling the bully girl would have a crush with MC and the bully guy would have a crush with female MC, but she wasn't introduced as such and there were no events that led up to it.

I agree with tae_ka_pre, to call something character develepment you need someone be introduced to be like this and them change him to be like that.
This is more like adding new thing to the character which may seem a little sudden but to be fair Kasahara didn't got mutch to do so far so there is a room for new things. Her having crush on Takada doesn't colide with what was show so far. That being said yeah it kinda feels like one story in between is missing.
Anyway it is good that autor mix and change settings and add new stuff instead repeting same motivs.

Dex-chan lover
@ProsperoIV Bullies are human, they also have crushes. You do not need a deep motivation for the crushes of kids, since those are basically random, hence why it is acceptable to not have some previous "explanation" for it.

@criver By "story in between" I didn't meant explanation but rather proper introduction of the fact she has a crush because in the chapter it's show like something readers should already know.

I like how hino over here just doesn't give a single cent of a fuck about the whole situation and my boy mc ove ere doing the pro gamer move as usual

Fed-Kun's army
poor girl, doesn't know that residents of the light don't impress this boy

Users who are viewing this thread