The coment section...

@AbyssalMonkey honestly I dont get what you mean with ""best" comments inherently implies discrimination", what do you mean with this? I really dont get it, makes no sence... what I mean with best comments are those that are the best for said situation, be it a funny one, a complex one or werever.

@sterven it is not that you lose or gain anything for it by "validating", they just makes them more organized and more relevant to those who wants to quickly see about said manga. Also, you will not even see it, as in my proposition it would just appear the total number of votes.

@Mr_Detective and with the hive mind things... well, you are not wrong! but that isnt why I said it was one of the best sistems... it is because it makes people want to read in the plataform and to be more time there, however I did said ways to prevent that.
And using reaction like that are okey, but they are a bit oversized, for disgn porpuses I would make them smaller, giving a standard size for big images and smaller ones (like PC whatapp size, and for big images half or 2/3 of your gifs sizes).

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN well, my objective is to point problems and propose ideas, my main point is that the sistem we have right now is very bad, and even if my ideas are bad, I believe it to be better than what we have right now.
However I tried to even if given older ideas, to give solutions to problems that it may genarete, be it the "lazy" comments, "mind spiral" or to be "judge by likes".

@BzzBzz I can understand you mantality, but if everyone is in a room it becames laud and abnoxious, confusing and just anoying... however to solve that problem I proposed that you can arrenge it like you want, this way it would be a lot more user friendly and everyone could be hear but with organization

ah, and about the tags, the users should do it themselves, be it by others like in pixiv, or by himself

Dex-chan lover
Over a week with no response from the mods? most likely no.
Who knows when Plykiya makes the rounds you'll get your answer.

@Fafuncho
i said this in another thread. To me the forum and the comments are for people chatting about common hobbies. I don't rate peoples conversation. What if in rating a conversation you drive someone away or they ended up filtering or censoring themselves for the worse? It would be a shame to lose someone's opinion simply because a group of people don't like it and the person is timid. It'd be a shame to see @DanDan_the_DanDan or @Sterven leave 😃 (just joking guys). I don't mind the "Great story, lot's of fluff" or "terrible isekai trash" . It's kind of like hanging out with friends, not every conversation needs to be deep. Honestly I'd have a tendency to ignore the forum / comments with a rating system. It seems like it would be cliquish, basically did my comment fit it, wouldn't seem like hanging out.

To me the biggest problem is organization and not in terms of rating. I think two basic areas would improve things a lot. First a reply button with the ability to then show threads either linear or threaded. Second a basic search / tracking system that would notify you when someone replied to you and search abilities to search the comments for words and authors. Adding the option to show all posts or threads by a user would be nice. I got the impression that some of this is planned.

@schlo yeah thoese basics are needed, however abou the "rating", as I said (like 10 times), it isnt about rating a comment in the way of "oh, this comment is trash, dont like it so dislike" (like you would do to a manga or werever), but to help organization, if per say, your comment is relevant, it would go up in the standard configuration... If that wasnt enouth I have a lot of questions as not only you would not see the downvotes/upvotes, if you are timid about commenting/being judge about it... then wtf why are you commenting in the first place?????? like, people can respond you know? they can judge and will judge even if it is just awnsering your comment and if it just because you dont like to be judge then why do you rate mangas? isnt it the same thing? you rate what you like so that others can have a notion about something, that is normal...
Sure, I get the part of even the hate comments are nice, they give a sense of life, but then again, I'm giving the option for both options, for those who wants to just see a quick reviw or just the majority of opinion and for those who wants to see some of the oposite as well. The problem is that in the corrent sistem it doesnt matter if you make a good comment, it will just fade because just another 20 people commented... It is frustating, why should I comment in this sistem anyway? it will just fade and be gone basically.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that in the corrent sistem it doesnt matter if you make a good comment, it will just fade because just another 20 people commented... It is frustating, why should I comment in this sistem anyway? it will just fade and be gone basically
And here we have it, the real reason why OP wants le reddit epic voting system: vanity.

Personally I find that reddit/twitter/whatever's tree-like comments is most retarded system you could think of.
They work as intended.

And here we have it, the real reason why OP wants le reddit epic voting system: vanity.
It always that, having the ability to censor opinions you don't like, or needing to be told what to think.

Dex-chan lover
Comment sections are just a waste of HDD space. You better remove them completely as too many SJWs visit mangas they don't like and then rage about it in the comments. Doh! 🧐

@Halo , what? no, what I'm saying is that it is a bad sistem, it doesnt motivates the users and is an absolute mess.
Even if that was the case, then please sherlock, could you tell me why I want at least more organisation? that would be a lot of help as your geniosity goes to the point of reading minds... sure as just my "vanity" and not because I want a better user experience overall in this weabsite...

Dex-chan lover
it doesnt motivates the users
Good. I can comment on this website without getting addicted to cheap dopamine. Keep it up, MangaDex devs!
could you tell me why I want at least more organisation?
The same organization that social media does? Hmmm... 🤔

Fed-Kun's army
@halo,
Good. I can comment on this website without getting addicted to cheap dopamine. Keep it up, MangaDex devs!

That's a good one actually, I never thought of that and I'm glad it's the way it is on MD. I always check the comment section whenever I found the chapter interesting and left some comment but never got too attached to my post, which is good thing for me. 😁

Group Leader
I agree with @Knonderd and @halo. For me, the lack of a rating system makes there… less pressure, I guess? Feels a lot less toxic. Agree with the quoting and reply systems, though! Still, not a big concern imo.

Users who are viewing this thread