The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I've Been Taken

Haha I’ve reread this series a number of times now it’s so good. It handles character progression and the change in their relationship so beautifully.

I really enjoy comparing how the series has changed their character dynamic over time. Yamada always has her guard up around male characters as she has been shown to receive quite a bit of unwanted attention, like Pickup Senpai or the other boys in class. Factor in being a model, she’s implied to attract attention outside of school too.

In the first chapter, when she catches Ichikawa looking at her, her expression becomes serious and disinterested. In chapter 45 she glares at Ichikawa when she doesn’t recognize him with his face mask and thinks he’s some stranger approaching her. Before breaking out into a huge smile when she realizes it’s him.

She initially treats Ichikawa as a lackey, then a friend, then a crush before she falls head over heels. She gets jealous that Ichikawa calls her mother cute rather than her, and she cries when Ichikawa avoids her when he gets mad.

I really recommend continuing this series as it just keeps getting better to anyone who might have dropped it initially.

Dex-chan lover
Why Japs are so into wasting good art skills on dumb story concepts like this?

Dex-chan lover
@exxp I'm not sure you need my suggestions. I looked through your MDlist, it contains half of the Mangadex library. And it doesn't look like my taste is more degenerative than yours either.

Double-page supporter
@vodkavodka my taste is considered degenerative NANI!
I wanna die now~

I-I'm just the type that reads all kinds of manga and comics....

this chapter may probably yamada's black history considering recent chapters.

MD@Home
I guess this is a hindsight thing but I don't get how anyone would be surprised that the manga doesn't go further down the "Ichikawa wants to kill people" chuuni path when it's flagrantly obvious even from the first chapter that the whole bit is just a coping mechanism for his social anxiety in general and his crush on Yamada in particular.

Fed-Kun's army
@exxp
Since the other guy never gave you a suggestion and I didn't see either of these in your list, here are two of my personal favorites:

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san!
Arakure Ojousama wa Monmon Shiteiru

Hope you like them =)

Users who are viewing this thread