The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 144 - We Told A Lie

Another brilliant chapter by Norio-sensei! Seriously, more than the artwork, Norio-sensei's writing deserves praise too. I'm glad that she executed this plot very well.

With that said, I posted in the last chapter that I theorized two things that might happen when I saw the preview in Norio-sensei's Twitter timeline.

1. The relationship would be out of the bag, and Anna's friends can assure the couple that they can be comfortable around them and not need to keep their feelings hidden from the others.

OR

2. Anna does a faux-rejection, giving another L to Kankan, and they can keep their relationship a secret.

I REALLY wanted number 1 to happen. Anna and Kyo deserve to have a circle of people whom they can trust with their relationship. But then, Rin was there to play the music, and everyone else in the class was peering through those huge windows. But then again, number 2 was executed brilliantly and it highlighted how Anna and Kyo complement each other. It was a spur of the moment but Kyo masterminded this with ease and Anna was quick to pick up.

The ending was heartwarming and made the relationship stronger. Kyo was finally able to blurt out "I love you" and Anna's smile was beautiful.

As much as I hate Kankan for doing this, again, how come no one has shown irritation over Moeko? She was enjoying messing with the two. If I were Norio-sensei, I see some drama developing over this. What if Moeko is starting to develop feelings for Kyo and has been sowing discord by getting in the way? She did say during the summer retreat that she is jealous of how privileged Anna is and that people around her love her. Anna got an endorsement in a high school without the need for an entrance exam, and she even has a boyfriend. In fairness though, Moeko did hold back Kankan when Anna chased after Kyo. But still, I'm beginning to smell a fake friend here.

Bayashiko will always be the clueless one but I do hope she gets the hint this time. I do hope that the next few chapters show how Anna and Kyo explain the relationship to her. I foresee a devastated Bayashiko who they would have to console.

I saw the Adachi preview for Chapter 145. Some say that Adachi knows what's going on and he might confront Kyo to "continue fighting for her". But I swear if Adachi comes up with a "Now that Yamada rejected you, I have a chance, right?" kind of line, I'd look for a real-life Adachi and slap him silly. Although I know that Norio-sensei will not do that, otherwise, Adachi's character development during the sports festival would have been for naught.

For the sake of satisfaction, I want to see some scenes where the gang will rip Kankan a new one. She deserves a tongue-lashing over this, especially from Hanzawa.

To those trolls saying that either Kyo or Anna could have done a "We'll reveal our relationship if we want to. But for now, we are close with each other and we want to keep it that way" kind of deal, please remember that they are 14-year-olds. No one can come up with such a declaration in that heat of the moment. They had to resort to playing along with the charades.

Lastly, I'm amused that after all this, Anna is still a kid. They could have walked out of the school and celebrated that tender moment together but Anna just had to run back to the class to get her presents :D.

Last edited:
Not a big brain reader! Not a second has passed between at the start of this chapter & the end of previous chapter. Ichikawa literally being put on the spot while people still outside of the class. Ichikawa got confused in the heat of moment & people already flocking outside. if he did as you said, people will get confused on the situation & undesirable rumor will start to spread since Yamada is a big Madonna in their school & that masked bitch is famous for her confession flash mob with guaranteed success.

What he did reaffirm Yamada status as pure by being rejected by her; not yet in relationship so that people will get their "fact" straight & won't start misleading rumors. Ichikawa literally ruin his reputation to save yamada from career-endangering situation that bitch put them into. Did you even read Ichikawa's monologue?
Well said!! He basically took a bullet for her. ^_^

Another brilliant chapter by Norio-sensei! Seriously, more than the artwork, Norio-sensei's writing deserves praise too. I'm glad that she executed this plot very well.

With that said, I posted in the last chapter that I theorized two things that might happen when I saw the preview in Norio-sensei's Twitter timeline.

1. The relationship would be out of the bag, and Anna's friends can assure the couple that they can be comfortable around them and not need to keep their feelings hidden from the others.

OR

2. Anna does a faux-rejection, giving another L to Kankan, and they can keep their relationship a secret.

I REALLY wanted number 1 to happen. Anna and Kyo deserve to have a circle of people whom they can trust with their relationship. But then, Rin was there to play the music, and everyone else in the class was peering through those huge windows. But then again, number 2 was executed brilliantly and it highlighted how Anna and Kyo complement each other. It was a spur of the moment but Kyo masterminded this with ease and Anna was quick to pick up.

The ending was heartwarming and made the relationship stronger. Kyo was finally able to blurt out "I love you" and Anna's smile was beautiful.

As much as I hate Kankan for doing this, again, how come no one has shown irritation over Moeko? She was enjoying messing with the two. If I were Norio-sensei, I see some drama developing over this. What if Moeko is starting to develop feelings for Kyo and has been sowing discord by getting in the way? She did say during the summer retreat that she is jealous of how privileged Anna is and that people around her love her. Anna got an endorsement in a high school without the need for an entrance exam, and she even has a boyfriend. In fairness though, Moeko did hold back Kankan when Anna chased after Kyo. But still, I'm beginning to smell a fake friend here.

Bayashiko will always be the clueless one but I do hope she gets the hint this time. I do hope that the next few chapters show how Anna and Kyo explain the relationship to her. I foresee a devastated Bayashiko who they would have to console.

I saw the Adachi preview for Chapter 145. Some say that Adachi knows what's going on and he might confront Kyo to "continue fighting for her". But I swear if Adachi comes up with a "Now that Yamada rejected you, I have a chance, right?" kind of line, I'd look for a real-life Adachi and slap him silly. Although I know that Norio-sensei will not do that, otherwise, Adachi's character development during the sports festival would have been for naught.

For the sake of satisfaction, I want to see some scenes where the gang will rip Kankan a new one. She deserves a tongue-lashing over this, especially from Serizawa.

To those trolls saying that either Kyo or Anna could have done a "We'll reveal our relationship if we want to. But for now, we are close with each other and we want to keep it that way" kind of deal, please remember that they are 14-year-olds. No one can come up with such a declaration in that heat of the moment. They had to resort to playing along with the charades.

Lastly, I'm amused that after all this, Anna is still a kid. They could have walked out of the school and celebrated that tender moment together but Anna just had to run back to the class to get her presents :D.
I love the manga, I already pre ordered volume 9 oh also did you know you can go to YouTube and listen to the song Kyo made for her? Search up Primary Color The Dangers in my heart on YouTube and it's the real song Norio-Sensei made the song a reality and it's so beautiful ^^

I love the manga, I already pre ordered volume 9 oh also did you know you can go to YouTube and listen to the song Kyo made for her? Search up Primary Color The Dangers in my heart on YouTube and it's the real song Norio-Sensei made the song a reality and it's so beautiful ^^
Yes, I have that song on my YouTube playlist! The official title, by the way, is "Moving Forward". Also, I'm jealous that you'll have a copy of Volume 9. It's mad expensive to purchase where I'm from because of the shipping fee. There's an extra page there that I love so much. It's a scene between Anna and Kyo after Kyo visits the Yamada residence and asks for the Onion Gratin recipe.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Deym - they went for ruse but somehow hinted to everyone else it was a ruse.
But overall, that was a sweet maneuver these 2 did. Even though I felt it would've better for them to just become official, somehow them continuing to hide it might also become interesting no matter what - especially since most of the people around them already know they're an official thing ('most' because Bayashiko is still clueless). Excellent chapter from Sakurai Norio.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh who decided to set them up like that? That's really asshole behavior...

Dex-chan lover
Ichi is shaping up to become the best male protag in romcom manga since Sakuta and Miyamura.

What a chad. What a character progression. God bless Norio-sensei.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is not even a question to most people lol.

(i.e. there's a reason people compare the two and consistently mock one on its lack of development)
Also, probably because in the anime, Kyotarou and Kazuya are voiced by the same seiyuu.

After re-reading the manga and watched the anime recently, this Ichikawa has nothing to do whit the one in the first episodes, Ichikawa is no longer my boy, he became my man

Dex-chan lover
lots of himejoshis i follow on twitter love bokuyaba saying its yuri, and i wasn't completely sold on that argument despite being a himejoshi myself and liking the series, but i have to admit this was yuri as hell

editing in my stance since the class is confused:

ok, so there are three points in my argument, starting off broad and vague then going to specific

1) where a lot of straight romantic comedy and drama works are defined by a progression of courtship, a majority of yuri works are more interested in the exploration of relationships that already exist, whether it be a steady couple, a pair engaged in physical intemacy despite not being official, or long term friends that can more closely share the same space than traditional boy and girl friendship would be able to allow. of course a lot of romcoms stick around after the main pair confesses (ie bokuyaba) so this is why this is a broad condition

2) yuri works consistently focus on how social forces constrain or set norms for couples. the relationship has to be negotiated to fit into a wider world because it is deemed different or bad. bokuyaba shares this as anna and kyou are right now working around how anna has to fit as a "pure actress," without scandal

3) lipstick is a traditionally feminine object. the lipstick is applied to kyoutaro, a feminizing act. the lipstick remains the focus of the scene as the kiss is also framed as a way to apply the lipstick to anna.

q.e.d. regardles of author intent, at this moment bokuyaba falls under the framing, context and content of a yuri work
I've seen the fujoshi liking a straight romance for being written like BL thing, but this is the first time I've heard of the yuri version. And even then I only saw the first in an anime.

My worry is Yamada always wanting to put herself first. It's becoming a trend. I get she's motivated for her career,but eventually this might come to be a problem when Ichi needs her and she has to be fully present in the moment
I see her career pulling her away.
The reason why she starts to love her career is because of ichikawa in the first place. Ichikawa also once state the important of her career to their relationship: "the yamada who isnt an idol is not the yamada i know".

Users who are viewing this thread