The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 144 - We Told A Lie

Dex-chan lover
I think it's good that Ichikawa is doing the same thing he did in the first chapters. He puts himself second and doesn't care what others think about him. Like when he cut up the poster from the presentation, or took it upon himself to write the names on the tombstones... Ichi lives his own life, and is just a kind and caring person.

PS
I FUCKING LOVE THOSE POTATO HANDS DRAWING

d4KPfXs.png
KsY1sJs.png

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember well, so correct me if I am wrong.

All of this secrecy about their relationship is to placate the toxic idol industry's dumb no relationship rules right?
YES. Not really dumb, it's a economic standpoint. If ppl think they have a chance (which they don't) in their idiol filt mental defect mind they buy more shit from that idol. That's it. There's no 'moral' shit in the rule, it's just thinking business....goddamn hyper capitalist. I personally dislike the whole creapy as fuck idol industry so much. It's just prositution light version.

I really liked their solution.

Dex-chan lover
Please realise that it isn't just Ichi that's putting Yamada's career ahead of his emotional needs, because Yamada is doing the same with her emotions and finding it just as hard, if not harder.
He's the one person she can be her real authentic self to, she can drop the mask and stop acting - they are so lucky to have each other.

Group Leader
We really need to see that conversation with Adachi.
Yes, Yamada is his girlfriend and his main relationship, but him learning to be open with more people is also a key aspect of his character developement. If he ony changes his ways towards her and the friends he made trhough her (i.e. Moe, Chii and Serina) and not his other firiends, then it'd all be useless, 'cause then he wouldn't have really learned to form genuine connections with people, and if they ever break up (let's hope not), he would be back at the start

Group Leader
he's wrong for letting her put her bs career first
I think it'd be worse if he were to let her abandon/ruin her career in exchange for her relationship with him. It's already been established that it is extremely important to her, and him being considerate that being in a public relationship could be troublesome for her is but a reflexion of the fact that he aknowledges her existence outside of him; she doesn't just exist to be his girlfriend, she's her own person with her own wants and needs.

I do think that fans who feel entitled to some kind of control over the romantic lives of their idols are morons, but you can't change the industry and the culture around it just by wanting, especially when being a relatively small name like Yamada is.

Dex-chan lover
lots of himejoshis i follow on twitter love bokuyaba saying its yuri, and i wasn't completely sold on that argument despite being a himejoshi myself and liking the series, but i have to admit this was yuri as hell

editing in my stance since the class is confused:

ok, so there are three points in my argument, starting off broad and vague then going to specific

1) where a lot of straight romantic comedy and drama works are defined by a progression of courtship, a majority of yuri works are more interested in the exploration of relationships that already exist, whether it be a steady couple, a pair engaged in physical intemacy despite not being official, or long term friends that can more closely share the same space than traditional boy and girl friendship would be able to allow. of course a lot of romcoms stick around after the main pair confesses (ie bokuyaba) so this is why this is a broad condition

2) yuri works consistently focus on how social forces constrain or set norms for couples. the relationship has to be negotiated to fit into a wider world because it is deemed different or bad. bokuyaba shares this as anna and kyou are right now working around how anna has to fit as a "pure actress," without scandal

3) lipstick is a traditionally feminine object. the lipstick is applied to kyoutaro, a feminizing act. the lipstick remains the focus of the scene as the kiss is also framed as a way to apply the lipstick to anna.

q.e.d. regardles of author intent, at this moment bokuyaba falls under the framing, context and content of a yuri work

Sure. I'll incorporate that into my worldview.

Last edited:
Damn I haven't been this excited in a while. Chii figuring out maybe? Now everyone trying to check on Ichikawa knowing he likes her? Damn this actually might change the dynamic on school and between those 2 wow. Of course they will stay lovey dovey hahahha.

I cant wait to see the next chapter. PLS LET IT BE A CHII ARC FINDING OUT ABOUT THEM.
Oh damn I just realised that this will open the floodgates for people trying to get to Yamada now

Dex-chan lover
We really need to see that conversation with Adachi.
Yes, Yamada is his girlfriend and his main relationship, but him learning to be open with more people is also a key aspect of his character developement. If he ony changes his ways towards her and the friends he made trhough her (i.e. Moe, Chii and Serina) and not his other firiends, then it'd all be useless, 'cause then he wouldn't have really learned to form genuine connections with people, and if they ever break up (let's hope not), he would be back at the start
I'm not sure if this reaches Komi-san levels of importance in this manga, but it sure makes sense.
That said,Adachi hasn't been a friend to Ichikawa at all

I’m so disappointed with anna and feel sorry for ichi. If she prioritize her situation more than him, then it look like her exploit ichi kindness for her own sake. In this situation she’d just choose her career over ichi and break up with him go for good. If your dream can’t have him, you’d let him go. I understand that ichi love anna so much and sacrifice his own happiness for her and surely want to be with her forever. However their feeling doesn’t equal at all

Sooner or later if someone from shitty industry find out and make her choose, i guess she’d choose her dream anyway. She also said that herself “I thought my feeling for you took precedence over everything else kyotaro. That’s what i thought but i end up put my situation first”

I really love this manga but hell it seem to go down to sh**ty ending route like “everything is fine as long as your dream come true”. I really f****ng hate this kind of ending

Unless author make anna change her attitude but from the whole story anna just keep prioritize her dream more and more.

So, I have all 8 volumes of the manga. U.S.A versions and from I can tell. I started to compare them and they are slightly different from the dialogue. I don't know but I'm kinda starting to think I should just re read them from here. I noticed that the Anime goes by the dialogue from here mostly. IDK if I should just read it here but I'm obviously going to still buy the manga to support the author.

I’m so disappointed with anna and feel sorry for ichi. If she prioritize her situation more than him, then it look like her exploit ichi kindness for her own sake. In this situation she’d just choose her career over ichi and break up with him go for good. If your dream can’t have him, you’d let him go. I understand that ichi love anna so much and sacrifice his own happiness for her and surely want to be with her forever. However their feeling doesn’t equal at all

Sooner or later if someone from shitty industry find out and make her choose, i guess she’d choose her dream anyway. She also said that herself “I thought my feeling for you took precedence over everything else kyotaro. That’s what i thought but i end up put my situation first”

I really love this manga but hell it seem to go down to sh**ty ending route like “everything is fine as long as your dream come true”. I really f****ng hate this kind of ending

Unless author make anna change her attitude but from the whole story anna just keep prioritize her dream more and more.
I hope we get more chapters than Komi San

tkl

Dex-chan lover
people be posting how something is not right with the way they handle their relationship, but I think this is beautiful

Dex-chan lover

Disappointed with Anna for doing what ichi wanted her to do? They've discussed this before, ichi doesn't want them to go public yet and so Anna shouldn't do so unless he's on board. No matter how you look at it she did right thing. People need to stop framing this as "Ichikawa or her career" situation. Ichikawa loves that she's an actress and they're working together on this. It sucks that ichikawa was put in this position but that isn't anna's fault and he handled the situation the way he wanted to hande it. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread