The Dangers in My Heart

Group Leader
@artdeer, romance started from the first chapter, he wanted to "kill" her, because he liked her)) it's so obvious, isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
@Antyl Uh I think they mean when the romance between them (romantic interactions and whatnot) actually happened, not Ichikawa's edgy phase of his romance.

@artdeer

Developping real romantic feelings between two people is a gradual process, and this manga is one of the few ones I know which pulls it off rather realistically, but if you're looking for some key moments in deepening their (romantic) relationship, there are plenty to find. The one incident where Ichikawa leaves plenty of free tissues in the library for Anna to use comes to mind, for example.

@Ataru @Antyl
That's not what I meant. I meant something like an abrupt shift in genre at some point. Yes, he had feelings for her but he was just contemplating, making monologues and observing for the most part. It felt like Seinen, Psychological and Slice of Life. Which I reckon is also the reason some people felt smut/ntr vibes (they're still delusional tho). At some point it suddenly felt like a rom com manga. It's still good, don't get me wrong, actually even better for me since I'm a rom com buff.

@artdeer

I don't feel an abrupt shift in genre like you do. This manga has been first and foremost a gag manga rather than a romcom, especially in the beginning. The gags are still there, it's just that the *rom*com aspect has gotten more and more important over the course of its run, which is reinforced by the subtle shift in the art. This is why the current chapters feel so different now compared to the chapters in the first volume, and like I said before, I've experienced that shift as a gradual narrative evolution rather than an abrupt shift in genre.

great read. I look forward to the future of this manga. hopefully we can see it adapted into an anime one day!!

I loved the character development, I skip those extra chapters though. I like how the MCs are not idiots or losers. The ML may have some downside but at least he is trying to get over his weakness which is good for me. I like how they know how to "think" by themselves.

The character development will start in midway though.

10/10 for now.

@KingNova777 well I'm a story driven kind of person so I didn't like fillers much. At first I read them, but when I get into the story and want to finish it soon, I started skipping extra chapters.

@macroblitz

I don't know if you haven't realized it yet after 58 chapters, but this manga isn't story driven, it's character driven. You can skip the extra chapters, but you'd miss some fun little details which are, in some way or another, tied to the main chapters (f.e. extra chapter 55.2 follows the yet to be translated chapter 58).

This is Manga and Yamada is a fictional character... but some of her actions just hit a little too close to home for me lol.

@Ataru I do find the extra chapters entertaining. But it always make me confuse because it is not a continuation of the story.

For example.

Whenever I click the next chapter, I always ask myself, aren't they in this scenario in the previous chapter? Then why would there be here in the next chapter? Then I just realize "Oh, its an extra chapter"

Since I want to know what happen next, I skip those extra chapters.

My biggest regret was dropping this manga after reading up to chapter 17 or so cause I thought it was boring and a waste of time. Boy was i wrong, and you will be too if you don't start reading right now

Fed-Kun's army
I would love to hear from the 62 people that rated this adorable manga a 1. Why? It is so frigging adorable and well-written.
If you were in the category of "started reading and thought it sucked so dropped it, but came back to it and now love it", I sincerely hope you changed your rating.

Dex-chan lover
@Gravewind: Most of these are from the first year of the manga on mangadex, before it blew up. It was in the mid-7s at the time, if you can believe that! I remember reading it but thinking I didn't quite understand why it was rated so low.

The synopsis that accompanied the manga initially kind of suggested that Ichikawa was genuinely a disturbed individual of some kind, and maybe people felt Yamada was low-key bullying him or something. In hindsight it's pretty clear that he's always been a good boy in the process of growing out of Chuunibyou syndrome, and that Yamada warms up to him very early and in her own clumsy way is trying to get closer to him.

Now that the manga has a 9+ rating, I can't imagine people giving up on it that early. Nobody wants to feel left out. Which means they almost always make it to the later chapters, when it becomes crystal clear this is just a top tier fluffy romcom. The synopsis is no longer misleading, either.

Users who are viewing this thread