The Deer and the Cauldron

typical chinese manhua (martial arts genre), beauties for cultivating tools...

Y'all better respect! This is the OG harem comedy written by THE grand-motherfucking-master Jin Yong, father of modern wuxia. Of course how well it's adapted to manwha is another question...

If you want to read the actual novel, look up The Deer and the Cauldron (the fuck kinda name is that?). It's been professionally translated.

Dex-chan lover
holy s*** I can't believe it got a manhua !! :D first harem comedy I saw in my life (though it was a TV drama xD)

the MC is the weakass witty kind, but always end up in funny situation because of his pervy mind 😂

I cant believe I'd get to see its manhua version. As a child I watched the 1996 TV Drama version that had Dicky Cheung as the main actor so to me this is a real pleasant surprise :D

Oh hey, it’s the OG harem story that almost every other harem CN / manhua has been trying to rip off (with varying results). If this manhua is even half as good as the 1996 tv show, it’s worth reading.

A the Classic, Harem Fantasy Story
@Kronous
well it's a classic manhua, it's a story that was created even before you are even born bitches

Double-page supporter
Oh great another piece of generic trash

Wait it’s written by Jin yong? Never mind it is the reason we have generic trash now. But in all seriousness read it from the perspective of this being the first wuxia author he has all the right to be generic as it’s his thing after all

Actually, Jin Yong's stories are often about meshing fiction with historical events and characters, e.g. Genghis Khan, Zhu Yuanzhang, Wu Sangui, etc. The settings often deal with a larger historical context, such as the rise and fall of dynasties. I highly doubt whatever "generic trash" you have in mind have any such historical significance.

Furthermore, this particular story is about as far from "generic" wuxia as you can get. The protagonist can barely fight! Compare it to all the Mary Sues you see in more recent stories...

Some comments seem to be coming from people who never even bother to read. "Beauties for cultivating tools..."? The "cauldron" doesn't even have that meaning here. And his harem is only secondary to the main plot. You won't even see the first girl until Chapter 54, unlike those isekai harems where the interchangeable girls literally beg to be the MC's slaves a short while after meeting the MC...

Double-page supporter
Oh it's OG huh? Then I guess I have this to thank for the torrent of garbage that comes out today.

aw damn, HE'S the legendary EUNUCH WEI.
That prologue made me remember of old days, one of the best generic trash comedic harem, the one that made me laugh even after several times watch it in TV, Royal Tramp, starring Stephen Chow. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
damn, saw the movie serie as a kid, can't believe there's even a manhwa about it now. Though it's true the plot was already quite fit for thie era's trend 😂

Users who are viewing this thread