The Deer and the Cauldron

Fed-Kun's army
Constantly see this on main page, decided to read summary and look at stats.

Idk about trying it.

Read up to chapter 74 and so far I found it enjoyable. Wei Xiaobao does come across as being a bit more... merciless and cutthroat compared to how I remember Dicky Cheung portrayed him in the 2000 TV series, though in the manhua he is still just a kid, so I’m willing to cut him a bit of slack in that regard.

Heck, the fact that the MC is still just a kid is kinda what makes this fun to read. MCs from other manhua are older than him, but act just as immature. At least here the MC’s immaturity matches his actual age. :p

It also helps that they haven’t deviated too far from the original story (probably... dunno. Never read the novel. I watched the 2000 TV series, the Stephen Chow films, and the first few episodes of the 2014 TV series).

Supporter
@alaude I read the HK adapation and didn't really like it. The art style is indeed more detail and dramatic but that doesn't match the slapstick nature of this story. I'm also not super impressed with Si Congjian Qiao facial expression style. It's like reading 80-90s manga with super gar and dramatic face all the time.

Dex-chan lover
The stat doing injustice, the story was one of the masterpiece in wuxia.

@johnpoop2529 This isn't the typical harem stories that you'd find in Japanese manga. Read the translator's note at the end of Chapter 0 to get an idea of what to expect and not to expect from this story.

Well i dont care if the mc is super OP or not or your just average mc if the story is good and i like it then il read it.

Power Uploader
Of course the webtoon adaptation is picked for translation and not the Tony Wong/Andy Seto version.
Ye1BKro.jpg
Whomever adding the releases to Mangaupdates, please use the correct entry The Deer and the Cauldron (Phoenix Entertainment) from now on.

@youdontknowwho
Jademan's adaptation was cut short at Yunnan arc. The story was never finished.

Furthermore, that format is difficult to scanlate into English due to its panel sizes and arrangements. It's impossible to fit the English words without making the font too small to read. I've mentioned this in another thread - https://mangadex.org/thread/373157/1/#post_3927084

Phoenix Entertainment may consider Fox Volant of the snowy mountain (another JY's work)
https://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/630470
-the manhua/manga only has 36 chapters, so very short
-faithful to novel
-doesnt have bubble chat issue, english words would fit the bubble windows

guys yall should read this!! initially it was super slow but now its sooo good that i keep on craving for the next chapter. MC aint op but he is extremely smart and intuitive. he is also pretty ruthless while killing people.

I just submitted a report to remove (Phoenix Entertainment) from the title. I don't know why it's there, but "Phoenix Entertainment" is NOT part of the title. The publisher is already included in the "Artist" field, so there shouldn't be any confusion with adaptations by other publishers.

Do not add publisher, author, genre, theme, etc to comic titles.

well, the start was good until that time
he just accepted to be the disciple of the supreme leader.
that made my expectation down but still continued and never regreted it for now. hope it keep up. through i can say i like the up, down then up but varation is always welcome. rated 10 cuz low general rating.
edit: it came to me that the first dozen or so chapter really lacks any interesting plot so it might have drove impatient and the like. its like a roller coaster, its slow as it climbs up for the momentum, then ....
anyways, liked the quality of the translation specially the extra foot notes and such explaining whys what and why. ive read—lets just say "many" stuffs online here and there and the this one trans is great in contrast of the many chinese to english trans that burnt my mind trying to somehow make sense of what happening. thousand thanks and please keep it up!

Power Uploader
Why the rating is so low??
This is masterpiece man, unlike our everyday shitty cultivation manhua, this one is clearly 1000 times better.,

Users who are viewing this thread