The Demon King's Daughter is Too Kind!!

@UnknownSaint111 It's a little gratuitous but I don't think it detracts too much from the fluff. But hey, opinions are opinions, and though mine varies from yours (though I agree a bit) I respect it.

Dex-chan lover
info-dump ahead:
I liked the idea that: "The reason the literal devil is acting like a silly comedy act, is because his daughter has the inborn power to alter the personalities of living things around her" -- but it hits a hard wall by going around actual subjects that can easily destroy the kid's innocence. Giving Dou the ability to infect people with kindness is brilliant, but it wasn't enough. The mere mention of meat, war and extortion won't be able to fit in her world view, for an instance, but we seen none of that. Heck, the fact that the gruesome, tyrannical demon-lord is doing nothing but babysit his daughter, is also a problem that wasn't glossed at. His empire is built on violence, and that violence is running short for months now, yet nothing happens. Overall, the one thing that really bugged me in this series, is that she's just an innocent kid who wants to have things her own way.
In the chapter in which she takes down a bad guy, the focus immediately shifts towards "She saved people", instead of: "She used violence against someone else." By focusing on her selfishness, they'll be able to break down her character and prove to her that she cannot save and help everyone. Some people and things will be always outside of her perfect, pink-tinted world. By saving one person, she throws the other away. She cannot have win-win scenarios forever.

That being said, we all know that this manga is just here to be cute and that's about it. It's just too bad that it didn't stay consistent long enough, by giving more explanations as to how come they cannot corrupt her, or why it is that she is so difficult to corrupt to begin with.

TLDR: I liked the initial idea, but it didn't really stay consistent long enough to make me stop asking: "Why not do this?", and the repetitive cuteness wasn't enough in the end. I guess this story is only good to consume as a once-per-week basis. I ended up thinking way too much about this crap.

Fed-Kun's army
April 1st 'ad' for this.. aww!

"Why do you have your adblocker on onii-chan?
Do you hate me that much?"

Group Leader
that ad is soooo unfair lol (my adblocker is not blocking any ads on this website tho ... Report for Hacks)

Translators, I don't know if you will see this, but for the end pages please make a change... I get that Ricardo is fun for you all, but please do not put such heavy GIFs into the last page. Since the reader preloads pages, when you are reading a few pages away from the end it will suddenly become very hard to load and take up a lot of memory, and sometimes fail so you have to refresh and try again. Inconveniently this is usually near the climax of the chapter. Please consider using static images or paying attention to GIF file size. There are many free tools online which can optimize GIF size without much visible reduction in quality.

@katherinesilens
I second.
But I gotta say, I've been having issues loading pages on mangadex recently. For around the last week or so. Sites like Mangakakalot load perfectly fine tho.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the update + site maintenance?

Dex-chan lover
Even when she's not the focus of the chapter, she's still manages to be more adorable than ever

Users who are viewing this thread