The Detective of Muiella

😍This manhua really got me upp. The rising tension on the plot is interesting. Can wait for the updates😍

Hey guys, thank you for your support. Since the adoption of this manhwa by Tappytoon(with their biweekly releases), we (Kate's heart) have hence dropped this project and hence disbanded till further notice. Please support this project on Tappytoon if possible! <3

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Kate the maid with Kate's heart doing the translations of her life story

Since Kate's heart stopped translating this, I guess it means she died.

The End! 🤣

For anyone wanting to read this masterpiece of a manhwa, wakamics.com has a MUCH more updated chapters (up until today it has 76 chapters already) and trust me, the romance between ian and kate is slowly but surely there and it is absolutely ADORABLE. There's also a healthy amount of mystery and detective work too

Never have I read such a slow-paced, incredibly boring detective webtoon. The guy's love for protagonist doesn't even make sense: he just starts crushing on the girl for no particular reason, and crushes even more when she's actively rebellious and shoves his supposed "feelings" in his face.
Dropped around 70 chapter, because I just couldn't read it anymore.

Plot holes everywhere. It's not really intriguing or mystery even though the title is the detective of Muiella.
Every case doesn't really fascinating but the things that kept me reading are Ian (coz he is handsome) and the witch stuff.
The author tried to portray Kate as a brilliant detective with good analytic skills unfortunately it's not. I can guess everything ahead and Kate who seems to know a lot and loves to observe ppl doesn't live up to her skills. She always ends up screwing herself so meh... I give it 6 for beautiful art and so so story

WARNING: possible spoilers
Honestly not a compelling read at all: there’s not enough actual interesting detective work, there’s too many seriously irritating characters and it moves slower than anything I’ve ever read. The ML is possibly the most annoying part about the whole manhwa—like, I get it, he’s cold and emotionless, blah blah that’s typical manhwa ML fare—but he just doesn’t make any sense to me. I usually can warm up to the ML but I am as indifferent towards him as he is to literally everything.
The MC is also pretty annoying, and her whole magic thing really doesn’t make her any more interesting. I’m so disappointed with her character because she doesn’t have any growth at all even after 50 chapters.
Can’t believe I stuck out as long as I did tbh.
3/10, do not recommend unless you like being frustrated and confused.

@Irie_T Thank you very much for sharing the link. Surprisingly it's a quite good read. It starts of a little bland, I guess, but picks up speed and complexity. By chapter 86 (current translation state) t does return to the more common tropes, but the aspect of magic and the various clumsy and lovable characters keep it interesting.

I haven't come close to catching up but so far it seems very shallow. I just really don't feel the chemistry between the two leads, despite how much banter they're given... and on top of that everything's shrouded in mystery except for the ML'z identity, which was obvious like right from the beginning. I'm sure it's not a bad plot and I will continue reading at my own pace. It's not good enough to binge, unfortunately.

Idk why this isn't updated, other sites have like 70 or 80 chapters. Really good series, the first arc is a pretty good mystery. Afterwards it becomes a bit slice-of-life and noble drama w/o losing the original purpose. Great series, good plot, great character development, and most of all really great art style.

this manhwa could have been so good if it wasnt so fucking slow oh my god. the mc is so incredibly boring and lowkey incredibly mean to the ml? like i understand that he doesn’t have the best social awareness but she’s just so mean to him?? there is practically no romance or anything (which i would be fine with if it wasn’t, you know, a romance manhwa) and no plot. just vague foreshadowing statements that don’t go anywhere.

tldr: fl is boring and mean, there is practically no romance, 60+ chapters in and there no plot and the characters are so bland

So, just so you know, if you look elsewhere, this story has just gotten over 100+ chapters. I will tell you that this is an extremely slow-burn kinda of story. You kinda feel like something is there, but the story is just taking too long to get there. At this point, the pay off better be spectacular, or it just isn't worth it. I feel like in every chapter nothing substantial happens. Like eventually, some plot points get developed but it takes a while. If you want a romance, you might want to look elsewhere, because this is the slowest romance I have ever witnessed. Like the progress of the romance stopped at chapter 60 and they're just starting to inch along at chapter 100. Even then, it's not much. The farthest they have gotten to can just barely be considered flirting. I like mysteries. This genre is right up my alley, but nothing has really hooked me. I've only kept up because I want to find something to hook me. I am just hoping that climax or the point where everything just starts making sense happens.

tl;dr for whole comments section: very slow, lacks romance

But u may still wanna check this out if u like rly rly slowburn. personally i dont mine the slow moving romance bc it allows more focus to be on the plot.
like murders and witches and stuff
tho that part is also kinda slow... anyways i mostly like the art haha (-_-)ゞ

link here if u still wanna read it ↓
https://mixedmanga.com/manga/the-detective-of-muiella/

Users who are viewing this thread