The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 62

Do they even know what vitamins are? Like, girly just started saying that this fruit contains this amount of vitamin and that it will cure this seemingly incurable disease. Her source of knowledge? “trust me, bro”

Supporter
Haha someone said rosehip has too much vitamin C, another said not enough. Internet in 1 comment section.

Fed-Kun's army
this has the same energy as that one reference saying "it came to me once in a dream" skjdnkjd

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo In all fairness, I don’t think she cares too strongly about the business aspect. I think she just wants scurvy to not be a thing anymore.

@Kingdo

My thoughts exactly lol

Apparently everyone in this manhwa is a good person, she's safe lol . The most sus character by far is the Crown Prince... And he isn't even all that bad.

Double-page supporter
Questions for the story:

1. Why are people just gonna believe her?
2. Why will she not be burned at the stake for this?

Questions for her:
3. What's a vitamin?
Like this landlord legit listening to this like half the words she's saying exists at this time.

Honestly she is very rash and irresponsible it’s frustrating to read.

How does she know the disease is the same one from earth? That it has the same symptoms and causes? That rose hips in this world have vitamin C (assuming vitamin C is actually the cure)?

She was jumping to conclusions on her own, in her tiny head.

If she actually cared, she should’ve wasted half a day at least investigating this disease to make sure whatever bulls**t coming out of her mouth is actually applicable in this world.

This manga is just getting more and more ridiculous.
Like getting repetitive wasn’t bad enough..

Dex-chan lover
Even if she is well meaning, her husband has to suspect her somewhat at all of her "sudden" knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
I guessed correctly! Rosehips!

@Trezcast are you in the process of writing an isekai where the protagonist is sufficiently careful? In the last chapter she was informed that scurvy could not be cured. In this chapter she is executing unethical human trials. Are you expecting a random person to understand modern medical ethics? I believe our protagonist was isekai'd BEFORE the current thing.

Dex-chan lover
Oh....
Um.... Hmmm. She sure is.. ah.... Forthcoming with her knowledge

Many thanks

girl...shouldn't you be more reserved with your information and knowledge? At the very least so that you don't burn in the stake if you don't care about the money 😅

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume
In all fairness, I don’t think she cares too strongly about the business aspect. I think she just wants scurvy to not be a thing anymore.
Even in this case. She want to help about the eradicates a sickeness and approched the other party with a business plan.
But she give too much information, that suspicious.
If it was me in the position of the noble I will not be in peace since I will ask myself how this girl come with a solution to a mortal sickness and why she just do it herself if it's that simple. But at the same time she have the duchess title so it's not he can say "nope" either.

@broadsword80 They both are nobles in an arranged marriage, therefore knows nothing about each others, used to wear a poker face and not to say unnecessary things, hence there is no way for Alphonce to find out what exactly his wife has been taught as long as her knowledge benefits both of their clans.

While I know that she means well, just blurting out the information seems a bit... blunt, both in terms of a business proposal and the era they're in.
Maybe she doesn't really prioritize the proposal (just framing it in a way that seems attractive and lucrative) and is leaning more towards helping the citizens, but if it was reality, dude could've just run off the idea on his own without a middleman.
And in regards to the time period, vitamins were discovered in the early 1900s, yet they dress similarly in the range of the 1800s. Chloe really just talked about a strange, probably unknown thing to people who have never heard of it. I get there's like, reclinable divans and rather intricate craftsmanship in this world, but going into the depths of nutrition without explanation is sort of odd.

But yeah, Chloe's teas can end famine, disease, and war. Magical.

Users who are viewing this thread