The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 4 Ch. 49 - Sleeping Together

Contributor
While I tend to agree that his Mother doesn't really deserve the consideration the Duke is giving her, I can see why he feels as he does. He seems to be as scared of his curse as she is at times, and his family does provide for him to live in comfort. I can't remember reading anything implying his Mother is any worse than a coward, and if the Duke didn't want to reconcile with those scared away by his curse, he'd be left with few people to interact with unless he sought out new people, which would be difficult after his long period of isolation.

@dylgramac I agree that the mother isn't as bad as she could be, but don't forget her blatant favoritism towards the head of the family and her indifference towards the kids she views as "useless" (the younger brother has a whole complex because of her). All in all though, she might be able to have a redemption if the author pulls it off right.

Double-page supporter
Damn it Alice, don't you dare suggest that route. Mc is mc only with you and no amount of motherly love or other worldly stuff/status can change that.

Users who are viewing this thread