The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 5 Ch. 66 - Main Estate (3)

That tombstone is in the garden, so I guess it must belong to family member or someone very close with duke family....
Maybe I forgot something, but I have no idea whose tomb is that..

Dex-chan lover
@Gackt1 I want to say its Alice's mother Sharon, though Im not sure of the timeline of her death. Also , it might a red herring to see if she's connected to the dukes curse

On a brighter note, The more I see the Duke and his family, the more Im enjoying this. All 3 unison at the prospect of having dinner with mommy dearest It too much

Double-page supporter
@Gackt1 I think the tombstone might either be something to signify where the curse happened or it's for
the first person the duke touched without knowing what he was cursed with.

@UltimateAdrian20 I want to say it belong to previous duke, but seeing Viola just call it "this tombstone", I'm not sure about that, well, I think we will find out.

And yeah, I agree with you on that
Hope I don't bother you and sorry for my terrible english

@Burning_Hammer personally, I think that tombstone already there when he got cursed, but it could be that case you said too, I guess we will wait and see

Dex-chan lover
im still waiting for the moment when the maids start talking shit about the duke and alice starts slapping bitches

bai

@UltimateAdrian20 my guess would be that Sharon died after duke got his curse. It was said that after Sharon died, Alice was being taken by her relative. Yet in this chapter it was revealed that duke was searching for flower for Alice with almost no worry. That mean, its most likely that Sharon is still alive at the time and Alice still live in mansion. Its possible that Sharon is duke's first victim. Or even crazier, Sharon is the one who curse the duke, but by doing so, she touch the duke and got killed by the cursed. Making her the witch and the first victim. Also the way the duke said that the breast of the witch is soft remind me of Alice. But because Alice is still a child, it should be Sharon.

Dex-chan lover
@bai I always thought it was Alice's mother who cursed the Duke. I wonder if Sharon thought that because she and the mistress got along so well and the Duke and Alice did as well that they could marry or something of the sort. Then the Duke's mother and possibly father didn't like the idea and were going to send Alice away and to get back at the Duke's mom she cursed the Duke and she was upset with him for falling for Alice which ruined her future in a way?

The story is somewhat too slow and dragged, so it makes it harder to guess.

Dex-chan lover
@bai You'd think he'd know if the person who cursed him dropped dead on the spot, in which case he wouldn't be desperately looking for them and trying to figure out who they were.
It does seem like it might have been Sharon, but for the life of me I can't make it fit; what would the motive be? You can hoke something up about him and Alice, but it doesn't make sense--he's a very desirable match and anyway he was only five and apparently a sweet little guy. Motive-wise I've always felt it was more likely revenge on the family, like someone wanting to hurt his horrible mother, rather than being about him personally. Unfortunately we have no idea who hates the family, although I can well imagine that if their mother was killed, when the investigator asked, "Who had a motive to murder the victim?" the answer would be basically "Everybody".

Aggregator gang
My random guess is the one I've had since the beginning and the one several other people have guessed as well -- Alice fell in love with Duke when they were young, but a servant like Alice would never be allowed to marry Duke who was going to become the head of his household. Thus Sharon cursed Duke to kill anyone he touches, but with a catch: He can actually touch Alice without her dying, they just don't know that yet because they've never touched. In this way the only person Duke could marry would of course be Alice, so the whole 'master/servant can't marry' thing would be moot.

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to think Sharon didn't curse the duke but somebody else. The duke mom and sharon were close.

For a motive for Sharon, the thing that keeps coming to mind for me is the ballroom dancing chapter (5) where supposedly she danced with the duke's grandfather. I wonder if she had some kind of romantic relationship with someone from the duke's family that couldn't happen because of the master/servant status. I agree that it makes sense that Alice can't actually die to the curse, but I feel like it might just be coincidence from how it was set up rather than intentional because Sharon knew the duke liked Alice.

Dex-chan lover
i was guessing that the tomb was for duke... heres the parts i have collected from the comments and from what my own hmm...

so ball room sharon danced with someone
sharon knew alice liked the duke because of one of the flashback
duke's mother is strangely too shocked when she met alice... but maybe she just shocked in a way that she thought she meet a zombie... but seems like it can be connected with something?
sharon being a witch is unlikely... but she can be someone that told a witch to curse duke... since in the sharon journal/diary one of the thing highlighted is "people in white robe with a skull mask" (i dont exactly remember what was highlighted...)

so from those above... maybe duke's mother made a mistake... making sharon told a witch to curse the duke for revenge... i mean what about alice's father? oh what about duke's father even... so maybe next chapter or the next next chapter he will appear and some mystery will unveil... dunno

Dex-chan lover
It seems strange Sharon would be behind the curse. If she was close to the mother, why would he curse the innocent child, especially when it looked like Alice and Duke Junior were getting close? Even if there's a hole large enough for Alice to pass in the curse, what good is it when Alice isn't aware of it? If the current ruling, sickly duke did something to Sharon and this was a petty revenge, it would still be strange Sharon targeted Duke Junior, endangering her own daughter as well in the process. We know the skull face with, Dulles, is also somehow connected to all this, as she wanted Sharon's diary burned. Perhaps she was merely a merchant or an advisor, who knows, or maybe her role was bigger.

Whatever the case, the cursing witch's words to Duke Junior sounded sort of personal, so either it really was personal (be it Sharon or someone else) or she was kind of crazy if it was merely a bought curse.

Sharon and Duke's mother were in love. Sharon cursed Duke in an attempt to prevent Alice and Duke from experiencing the heartbreak of an unfulfilled life of love, the same kind Duke's Mother and Sharon shared. The curse's condition might be that Alice has to kiss Duke or something to show that death can't keep them apart.
Sharon was the first person the Duke touched. That's her Tombstone.

Dex-chan lover
Was Sharon's death explained?

If not I might guess the Duke killed her :v

Users who are viewing this thread