The Emperor's Companion - Ch. 25

I have to say he looks like a damn creep... It's not unusual to have aggressive type but something about this dude creeps me out.

Dex-chan lover
So is the 2nd cardinal/uncle (spoilers for ln)
the same one in spoiler threads that people have said tried to kill caleb?

The entire relationship dynamic between the two makes me say "yikes" out loud.

Because....yikes. That's uh, that's not healthy.

All I can think about is that it's not hygienic for him to be always touching her long skirt

Dex-chan lover
honestly, the level of obsession the emperor is showing makes me think he's under some spell - maybe he was "fated" to protect(?) the Pope, and his violence is his free will trying to break free of the letter of the control?

The very definition of beauty trap.... I still think he's crazy af but cannot deny...... his face is very nice

Contributor
Let it be known that this was the chapter where I finally gave up for sure on hoping that any of the various hints dropped—that their emotions might be under magical influence, that the Emperor might have secondary reasons for his actions—will ever come around as revelations that could post-facto redeem this romance.

Nothing can redeem the fact that I'm apparently not supposed to, at this point, be creeped the heck out by his behavior. Like, this relationship could morph into a healthy one from here, but this chapter would still exist, in the context that it was delivered.

...I'm not sure if it's better or worse that the author and protagonist clearly know he's abusive and creepy (but seem to be okay with it). I would honestly feel better about this if the protagonist was like, starting up-front with "crazy controlling stalkers are my fetish" or something. The idea that she's either just "looking past these 'minor' flaws of his" or "just can't be bothered that he's a serial-killer and being a creep because he's rather handsome" is somehow way more creepy to me.

/endrant

Edit: Of course the chapter right after this, concludes this scene with more "maybe not everything is as it seems" stuff. Ugh. Way to string me along, author... Still, even if this is a long ploy about their emotions being influenced by magic or fate or some such, I stand by the statement that this chapter was clearly thoroughly enjoying itself somewhere where it shouldn't have been, in a way that is beyond the pale. >_>; Oh and the next chapter is, notwithstanding that, even grosser on the "wait, am I supposed to like this development" front. Sigh... =_=

This doesn't make sense. His advances and her response to his advances, they just make me uncomfortable.
I think the worst part is that they're trying to dismiss his sociopath behavior and turn him into someone who seems "reasonable" suddenly,
and he doesn't believe he's in the wrong. He's constantly throwing tantrums but at a massive scale. Idc if their emotions are directed toward each other,
his personality is deplorable. Sorry, I have to drop this for my mental health. ._.

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone's complaining about the ML this time but I'm also put off by the FL. I really wanted to like this bc the art is pretty but the writing sucks and I cannot stand it.

Aggregator gang
first chapters that said god talked about a dragon and how troublesome they are and something related to wishes, emperor is a dragon confirmed

Double-page supporter
I really wonder what kind of norm works in this world.

A few chapters ago she mentioned marital rape as a crime, but it is a modern concept. I doubt the law in an ancient world would know about marital rape, or consider marital rape as a crime. (They're not even married and she knows it. So why did she mention it?)

Now she's talking about consent when the emperor kissed her clothes. Well, I don't like the emperor for his violent behavior. But I imagine if he was allowed to touch her even a little, he would kiss her hand. But then again, that's a manner of a gentleman. Would that even considered as sexual harassment? There should be a limit so that one's act can be considered as sexual harassment. It's not really clear how it works in this world, and the MC keeps mentioning a concept of "consent" from a modern era, making it more confusing.

And even when she's a pope, a leader, I don't understand why it felt like she doesn't have any place to voice her opinion. I don't even feel like she already got a hold of all her people, or the problem in her castle. This is disturbing.

And lastly, this violent and egoistic emperor. 😅
He insists on marrying someone who held a great importance. But it feels like he's taking her position lightly, while easily slashing everyone near her even after being warned over and over again.

Both of them are confusing me, and the story telling is confusing me.. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread