The Emperor's Companion - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
The state of how the holy nation is is really close to how the world was when the Catholic church reigned supreme.
Times, when only the people with money to pay "Their respects", could be given shelter, food, and care from the church. And people who couldn't afford it was left to rot so the people above could pretend to do something "good" out of selfishness.

Luckily that is something that has been almost removed in most places, but human greed and the satisfaction the greedy party gets by trampling on the weak is still prevalent across all nations.

Group Leader
Why do places that pride themselves on being holy and excecute people for things like assualt still have slaves?

I want to pay attention to the plot but omg the ML and his selfishness really grinds on my nerves. He is so childish. I really wouldn't have the patience for this stupidity.

Dex-chan lover
This is enough, she is supposed to live for her brother and yet all damn chapters are forced focused on her and the bastard emperor. dropped.

normally i love the enemies to lovers trope, but the emperor is so incredibly distasteful. sure, maybe he's trying to protect hilde or something (as was hinted in previous chapters?), and i get that author is trying(????) to make him more appealing, but honestly.... not sure if there's anything he can do for me to make up for the things he did when he was first introduced. i get pretty frustrated every time hilde's heart starts to flutter at just his face -- how pretty is he for her to temporarily all the awful stunts he pulled in the beginning?

lol I've seen alotttt of comments about the emperor being trash and I cant help but think those ppl have never read any chinese comics with ceos. They make the emperor look like an angel in comparison 😅 Though I also dont like his behavior especially in the first few chapters. I'm glad I didnt drop then tho, seems like he's making progress somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread