The Emperor's Companion

@Redsling Well whether or not you want to continue is really up to you. Even without killing he was pretty twisted at first but he does improve alot later. So personally for me its more the fact that he improves later rather than 'some things arent really what they seem at first' that makes him a passable character. But overall it do be a good read, if one can tolerate ML's actions and behavior for like the first...third? of the story.

There are two men with a similar premises which I know:
First one is Rowan from „Why Are You Doing This, Duke?‟ — a merciless warrior with unstable mental state who kills innocents just because of his anger in a world where magic is rarely found. And many people love him and pity him despite of that fact.
Second one is Caleb — a skillful fighter and a wise ruler, but at the same time harsh and arrogant, who keeps his mental state stable and restricts himself to not kill people needlessly in a world full of magic where almost all injuries are healed with a snap of priest's finger. And so many people hates him.
I wonder, why attitude is so different?

P.S.: Sorry if something off.

@Milfie That's actually a pretty interesting point.

I think the difference is probably in the timing- Caleb's good side takes too long to show for alot of people, and we arent offered an explanation for his behavior for a long time. A lot of people end up dropping this in the first dozen or so chapters because of that, so the Caleb they hate is the one from the beginning of the comic (who does not appear to be stable or wise at all), not the one we know from recent chapters. But I mean, idk maybe some ppl read all the way to the end and still hate him? I dont see a reason to hate him anymore personally tho

I cant remember 'Why Are You Doing This, Duke' clearly but I think his innocent, childish side is probably what softens ppl up to his character a bit at first (speaking from my own perspective here lmao), until we can learn of his past or see any improvement in his real self.

@that1person Turns out it's all about a bait. Well, it wasn't too long for me to wait for the first one.
When he brought the engagement vow along, and explain its legitimacy, I thought something like „Wow, he cannot be just a clueless idiot‟. And at the same time it was kind of funny.
Looks like I am more clerical than I think, lol.
However, this type of bait cannot catch on many people, so they pass by unchanged.

Be warned when reading this. The ML is a bit of a violent psychopath who is quite rapey due to very, very bad reasons.

And the FL is no better.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm so confused. So apparently, the child from ch. 1 was Caleb, correct? He seemed to be about mid teens, maybe 14-ish, as well.

Let's say the moment she saved him is 0. We have no idea how much longer he lived after 0. He could've died a few days later or maybe a few decades later, maybe 10 to 20 years later. The most probable solution is he died quickly after, because he would then have to reincarnate in this new world, live for almost 25 years and then she would've finally woke up.

So, when she died, was she in the pope but she was just in like a coma type thing? Or was she kept in heaven until the shell pope was about 20 when her reincarnation took place? How does the time dilation work between heaven, Earth and this new world? Was the 10 to 20 minutes we saw her in heaven equivalent to 25 or so years? Or was she just in heaven for that long?

I don't really understand how he could die after her, live to be a 20+ year old adult, and only then did she reincarnate. Doesn't make much sense to me without wacky space-time laws coming into play.

Welp this chapter kinda answered my question. Still leads me to believe she was in a timeless state for over 40 years. Kinda crazy!

Honestly the manga up till now has been pretty enjoyable but my only gripe with it is that the main character uses he rpower once and she’s unconscious immediately which gets annoying after a while but aside from that pretty enjoyable manga

@LightskinNibbaJuice It's more like there is no time in Heaven at all. God treats souls as mere objects on a stack, so they can be reborn in a different order.

In general speaking, time is just a human concept; there are no materials that can contain or conduct time. And time is discrete by its nature. Speaking from computer programming perspective, one can easily imagine both worlds as a concurrent processes that keeps in sync by God as a kind of synchronization manager due to the reincarnation duty. Both processes and synchronization manager has their own time, and machine that run all three of them has its own time too. So God could have just stopped the execution of one world until all the necessary souls are arrived.

man i remember when this first came out and there was so much hype, its a pitty this turned into total doodoo water

Why is the rating so low? I don't get why people don't like it someone explain this to me please
@hopdopki yeah the ml was really weird at the beginning, I didn't like his attitude either bc he was so pushy but now I understand why he acted the way he did. It'll be revealed later on and his personality also got better, so I'm quite satisfied w how the story continues

Just returned to this series after a few months and the rating got me like - WUT?
I never saw this distribution of ratings. Why do people hate this so much?

I don't get it it why the ratings are so bad! I loved it before and I love it until now! As usual people are only giving scores when they read the first few chapters. I mean this is not my first manhwa and it takes time for a story to develope. I think there are other more overly hyped manhwas out there. But this should be at least 7 or 7.5 if not an 8.

Users who are viewing this thread