The Emperor's Companion

@xxxsrhxxx ahaha yeah it is, but this one kinda deserves its low rating. It started off really well, the art is also pretty good with an interesting storyline, but it kinda started going off track from the original aspect that made it special from other isekais.

Honestly takes too long to get to the point like I still am not sure what the motivations for the characters are. Also the Emperor is trash murdering people for no reason and being all hyper focused on the FL but not even for love, just a sense of ownership. I feel like the writer was trying to make it mysterious and probably wanted a huge reveal moment but patience has worn thin and with no character traits to cling to any of the characters I'm out.

ML almost murders people TWICE in front of her and FL is blushing with her heart thumping. Then she starts to question her ENTIRE reason for being reborn, to take care of her sibling, 10 chapters into the story. Just straight garbage story telling imo.

How this still even has a 6 is questionable. The majority still vote a 10? I am perplexed. This had potential. For the first few chapters that is. All of it started going downhill after that. ML is shit and FL is shit for loving ML. Why though. Why the fuck does she like him? I came wanting a healthy and cute sibling relationship but now this bullshit is what I get.

@Shoko0505
Why the fuck does she like him?
Firstly,
she cannot get rid of him
Secondly,
he has happened to be helpful enough for her
Thirdly,
as time goes on, for her it became clear that he sincerely loves her and does not seek benefits from her
Fourthly,
for the sake of restitution of causality
which God has already infringed
he will
sacrifice himself
in her place
Not to mention that he is a handsome one.
So why cannot she? =D
wanting a healthy and cute sibling relationship
It is impossible to have healthy and cute relationship with your sense of guilt =)

I love this series!
How is the great god related to Hilde? Uncle, Dad, Grandpa, some distant relative? That is one thing that has me so confused.

The writing on this is beyond stupid.
From their point of view, she has been in a coma since birth and married off before she was even born. When she wakes up, without explanation, this emperor gets angry because she doesn't know who he is, kisses her and then goes on a rampage and nearly kills some people in front of her... multiple times.
Meanwhile, the FL falls for him in that situation? Sure, must be lovely, an emperor with the mind for a sadistic todler. 😑

Dex-chan lover
I'll take a shot at this, and give my opinion later, the favor for this series is obviously very skewed in both directions either its entirely awful or 10 out of 10 good to spite the people saying its awful.

[Chapter 22] - I can definitely see where both sides are coming for this series so far. Though I find myself hanging more so on God's intentions at this point for the FL.
The wording of the Oracle he gave is pretty interesting, he doesn't forbid her marriage, will allow her to choose to marry whoever she wants, she must "love" the emperor, to avoid some twisted fate she has...

The story writing will obviously "irks" or "triggers" people a bit, the emperor is blatantly written to be seen as someone who prioritize his desires over all else, due to a plot point that I assume will be revealed later on by the author. I'm guessing it has to either do with his mother's promise/or perhaps death in the resulting aftermath of royal family succession stories.

The FL, I'm sort of leaning on disliking how she was written because of how often the author is blatantly showing that the FL seems to be inherently attracted to the emperor because he simply "softens" up a little around her. It feels like whiplash watching her constantly saying how scared she is/disgusted with his crazy behavior and then be like,
"Oh no, he can make a expression like that?~ Swoon... oh wait he chopped off someone's arm just a second ago huh...

ml: crazy fucking tyrant who kills whoever the fuck he wants
fl: i can fix him <3

@ChikiSan
She is not related to him at all.
He just uses them as pawns in a quite cruel gamble to solve his own problem with that corrupted world.
But he is not a cruel God, so has schemed happy end for them all.
The only condition is that the pawns must trust him to the very end and act as they should no matter what happens.

I personally don't like it that much
Didn't read alot cause it already annoyed me
I don't like how
she came in there for her sibling but then immediately falls in love with that man who literally sexual harassed her before a crowd of people after waking up from a coma and nearly killed not only people before her eyes but also her lil sibling she went there for
I could never date someone who hurts my little siblings, I mean I understand when you don't like each other cause you can't like everyone, but he hurts him deadly

She turns into a bad person. He's a bad person. They go well together. Bad to read, though. I put in 2 points for the art and the potential it had in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread