The Eternity For You - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
After I read this, I had to reread the final chapter to make sure of something. That something being whether Shizuku still loving Kaori and proposing to her grave at all contradicted Kaori’s wishes.

Having reread the chapter, I wouldn’t say they do, but I also wouldn’t say Shizuku is being healthy about this.

It having been five years, I don’t think Shizuku should be holding onto Kaori this close, however I should acknowledge that people grieve at their own speeds, so my point does lie moot there.

Other than that, this addition is still quite sweet if bitter. I like it a lot.

Also, to the translators, press escape to exit full screen!

Dex-chan lover
I have seen many people express dissatisfaction with the ending, which I understand. For many young people today, the concept of enduring love and the difficulty of moving on after losing a loved one may be hard to grasp. However, having worked in the healthcare sector with the elderly for many years, I've encountered numerous individuals who have remained alone for decades yet still speak of their deceased spouses as if they were alive, but still having lived a full and rich life. In my view, this isn't necessarily unhealthy. Some people simply struggle to move on, and the reasons vary widely.

For some, there may only be one true love. The difference lies in whether one's inability to move on is accompanied by conditions such as depression or other mental health issues that impede their ability to live a fulfilling life. In such cases, I agree seeking medical assistance is crucial.

However, in the case at hand, there's no indication that the protagonist is suffering from any mental health issues. From what we observe, she maintains friendships, attends school, pursues her passion for writing novels, and leads an active life. Yet, romantically, she remains fixated on the person she regarded as the love of her life. Whether this will change in another five years is uncertain; people's experiences and responses to loss vary greatly.

Fed-Kun's army
Ahh, man, the "feels" back again. It's hurt, but I'm happy for Shizuku. What hit me the most is the fact that she still loves Kaori and no one else. And it's good that her love for Kaori is not holding her back from what she likes to do. But man, I will probably imagine they were together in another life.

Anyway, thanks for translating this! I have been waiting for someone to translate this into English.

Dex-chan lover
It been a while but damn this story really knows how to make me cry :meguuusad:
Anata no Yoru ga Akeru Made was the song I put as bgm I regret it now as now I have a song that will forever remind me of this story and I can't listen to it without crying

Thank you for the translation and I hope we all meet again in another manga :hearts:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread