The Exiled Former Errand Boy Is Now Known as the Greatest Repairman Through His Extraordinary Skills ~Requests From SSS-Rank Parties and Royalty Keep…

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I totally believe that someone whose whole thing is "being the best repairman" would have such a sloppy approach to the items he repairs, not.

Sloppy writing as a plot device... sigh

Yeah I totally believe that someone whose whole thing is "being the best repairman" would have such a sloppy approach to the items he repairs, not.

I wouldn't say it's plot but it does makes sense of how his way seems sloppy. His way has worked for him but he's faced with a challenge that his way isn't supposed to work with

Dex-chan lover

To be fair, he seemed to be in his 30s or so there and even though he might have been the best already at the time, he was also cocky and hadn't been knocked down a peg or two yet as we see at the end. This screw up with the book was probably the first humbling experience that eventually made him truly great or at least teach his grandson how to be the greatest.

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't say it's plot but it does makes sense of how his way seems sloppy. His way has worked for him but he's faced with a challenge that his way isn't supposed to work with
To be fair, he seemed to be in his 30s or so there and even though he might have been the best already at the time, he was also cocky and hadn't been knocked down a peg or two yet as we see at the end. This screw up with the book was probably the first humbling experience that eventually made him truly great or at least teach his grandson how to be the greatest.
Not buying it. We have seen our MC working with brushes and chisels/punches etc. If it was a majority/primarily magic skill a sloppiness related to being a "genius/prodigy" might make sense, but being a tool based repairer and being sloppy? Stinks of lazy writing giving our MC a "challenge" to me.

Dex-chan lover
Not buying it. We have seen our MC working with brushes and chisels/punches etc. If it was a majority/primarily magic skill a sloppiness related to being a "genius/prodigy" might make sense, but being a tool based repairer and being sloppy? Stinks of lazy writing giving our MC a "challenge" to me.
Then you've never seen people who's worked with their hands. They've ALWAYS had sloppy moments, ESPECIALLY when they're up and coming. With experience comes familiarity, with familiarity comes complacency, with that comes mistakes, and finally humility.

Look on the hands of every great workman and they're not gonna look pretty and so imagine what happened to the piece they worked on to get each scar.

Dex-chan lover

I'm going to use myself as an example. I'm the only person supporting a custom piece of software my company uses, and I've been doing so for over a decade. I've designed and tested new features, troubleshot numerous issues, and provided regular training classes for our new hires. The only person who knows the program as well as I do is the developer, and that's only because he can actually dive into the code.

Even with all that knowledge and experience, I've still been humbled a couple of times when I was sure I knew what was going wrong and jumped to the wrong conclusion instead of actually listening to the person trying to explain an issue to me. I'm just fortunate that my mistakes could be caught before I did anything more than waste time.

So I can absolutely believe that a guy who's become so successful that even the King is sending him work could make a fuckup like this. He knows he's good and it's lead him to jump to some stupid conclusions like "I don't need help", and the resulting clusterfuck is going to completely change his worldview.

Dex-chan lover
I think it is kinda lazy writing that utilize granpa to be too arrogant. Hes so arrogant that hed hit the book he was supposed to repair? Sounds lazy for me. But its not a big deal tho. Its just a manga and its a common thing in them.

Dex-chan lover
Gramps actions make perfect sense to me, an a skilled upstart gets an important request from his best client to date and he's filled with nothing but success and arrogance up until this point. You can see he clearly has the skills but hadn't developed the mindset that he had developed later on, so making a mistake and taking your frustration out accidentally when he's dialed into the job pretty likely, especially if he hadn't been humbled until that point.

Group Leader
Yeah it is lazy writing hitting the book, there was def a better way for him to fail than that lol. Like just plain being unable to do fix it. Shit him knocking something over onto it like ink or candle wax would have been better lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's kinda lazy/convenient, but I don't think it's out of character, either. Especially if he thinks he's the best repairman around, I could see him just thinking "if I'm gonna be fixing it anyway, it doesn't matter if I treat it roughly at the start", especially if repairing it means replacing pages. He just didn't anticipate/know about the lettering basically being a living magical thing that couldn't just be fixed after being destroyed that easily.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't like how everything revolves around grandpa so much, protagonist got inspired to become a repairman from him, presumably trained under him, and inherited his shop, and now half of the jobs are coming from grandpa's old stock as well.

Users who are viewing this thread