The Fairytale-like You Goes on the Assault - Ch. 34

Has it ever been stated what is the reason that he rules out any romantic relations with her? Apart from being childhood friends
No, it hasn’t given another reason yet(at least explicitly). That being said if the only reason is that after this scene, I’m gonna crash out.

Dex-chan lover
Has it ever been stated what is the reason that he rules out any romantic relations with her? Apart from being childhood friends
AFAIK the most that we've gotten is that she's a minor and he's effectively her legal guardian while her parents are out of the country and that she's very young comparatively. both of those reasons also come up in this chapter. the dude sees himself as her chaperone and thinks that a relationship would be improper. he also isn't sure if she's actually in love with him or if she just thinks she is due to a lack of life experience, which is what he means by the imprinting line.
given the last line of dialogue though i'm assuming that there's another, dumber reason like he doesn't think he's good enough for her because he didn't prevent her from being kidnapped well enough when they were kids or something.

Dex-chan lover
AFAIK the most that we've gotten is that she's a minor and he's effectively her legal guardian while her parents are out of the country and that she's very young comparatively. both of those reasons also come up in this chapter. the dude sees himself as her chaperone and thinks that a relationship would be improper. he also isn't sure if she's actually in love with him or if she just thinks she is due to a lack of life experience, which is what he means by the imprinting line.
given the last line of dialogue though i'm assuming that there's another, dumber reason like he doesn't think he's good enough for her because he didn't prevent her from being kidnapped well enough when they were kids or something.
The problem with the first point is that the parents have already given their blessings about their relationship. The girl herself has made it very clear about her feelings. She isn't under any kind of delusions of her desire she knows exactly what she wants.

The time for her to stop loving him as a man and see him as an older brother type strictly was when they were apart. But she's kept these feelings and they in fact have grown stronger since they were apart.

The him dating a minor is the only actual issue I see with this but the parents are already fine with them dating so it's a non-issue. He's literally just being stupid and denying this girl's feeling for some stupid moralistic reason despite the fact he does not deny he is attracted and interested in her himself.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with the first point is that the parents have already given their blessings about their relationship. The girl herself has made it very clear about her feelings. She isn't under any kind of delusions of her desire she knows exactly what she wants.

The time for her to stop loving him as a man and see him as an older brother type strictly was when they were apart. But she's kept these feelings and they in fact have grown stronger since they were apart.

The him dating a minor is the only actual issue I see with this but the parents are already fine with them dating so it's a non-issue. He's literally just being stupid and denying this girl's feeling for some stupid moralistic reason despite the fact he does not deny he is attracted and interested in her himself.
It's not really about her or her parents being fine with it. She lives in his house, he's effectively her legal guardian, for whatever reason the entire cast has decided that it's unsafe for her to basically ever be alone, and even at this point the guy seems to still seems to think that it's basically puppy love. Wanting to keep that particular can of worms closed seems pretty reasonable.

I don't know why he's worried about her actually falling in love with him, though.

Dex-chan lover
It's not really about her or her parents being fine with it. She lives in his house, he's effectively her legal guardian, for whatever reason the entire cast has decided that it's unsafe for her to basically ever be alone, and even at this point the guy seems to still seems to think that it's basically puppy love. Wanting to keep that particular can of worms closed seems pretty reasonable.

I don't know why he's worried about her actually falling in love with him, though.
I'd agree with you on wanting to keep that can of worms closed a decent point. If the entire series up to this point hasn't shat all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread