The Fake Alchemist - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Contributor
Glad someone picked this up! Couple thoughts:
  • The coloring on Page 3 is done poorly and makes Nora look way lighter than she should be, but then on the subsequent color page, she looks fine. So strange.
  • For those seeing parallels with Apothecary-san Will Make Battered Elf–chan Happy, the pre-serialization version of this series precedes it by over 1.5 years, so.
  • Slave magic works really fucking stupidly in this universe. So far my only issue with the series.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Holy crap, that's some heavy things happened in the 1st chapter alone for a comedy manga

Dex-chan lover
First read this felt like the usual isekai cheat slave waifu bullshit , but I went to read the translated pre-serialization after this chapter[...]
and seems like the elf is a long term project so far (in the pre-serialization) rather than just a 1-2 days of potion bath or magic healing. Art is a nice upgrade but the "slave healed is actually a super epic warrior" bullshit will still be coming if I have to guess.

Well, until then.

[Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tags.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fed-Kun's army
Glad this serialization finally dropped, it's such a quirky and nuanced world. I'm looking forward to this moving forward quite a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm...you know what fine. I can say a fair bit about how vanilla and uninspired the start of this is. But I'm SLIGHTLY interested if only because I like the dynamic going on between the characters. I'll see where this goes for another chapter or two.

Thanks for the translation.

Group Leader
Oooh, looks like someone finally translated the serialized version. You made quite a lot of different translation choices from me. I also saw a couple of mistakes, and even a line you didn't seem to fully translate too on page 12. Not gonna fully nitpick you though. I just hope you put in as much care into the story as I'm doing, I'll keep updating the web comic meanwhile.

Oooh, looks like someone finally translated the serialized version. You made quite a lot of different translation choices from me. I also saw a couple of mistakes, and even a line you didn't seem to fully translate too on page 12. Not gonna fully nitpick you though. I just hope you put in as much care into the story as I'm doing, I'll keep updating the web comic meanwhile.
Im really enjoying the web comic, I had no idea there was a serialized version. Thanks for translating.

Its a shame this is rushing the plot so hard. Its fine for most of us because we have the context from the web comic, but this has skipped a ton of context of who the MC is that I think will really hurt how many new readers try chapter 2.

Dex-chan lover
The MC seems not too bright regarding anything outside his area of expertise. Dude's already in a findom situation and it's not even one chapter in.

Users who are viewing this thread