The Fake Alchemist - Vol. 2 Ch. 4.7

Dex-chan lover
Thank you kindly for the translation, despite the quality, is good enough, you are doing your best I assume.

The direction the story is going leaves me perplexed, the MC feels sidestepped, it appears as if the author has a huge femdom and humilitation fetish.
I don't like the attitude of the magician, also hypnotizing the guy, for someone who cares about law and equality is quite the grand statement to use it.
We are only 4 chapters in, but it feels like the plot has already drastically changed.

Dex-chan lover
Attempted murder, brain washing and enslavement just because the dirt bag shit talked her waitress and customer… imagine what she’ll do to transmigrators who breathe funny in front of her. she’s insane

Dex-chan lover
she sure breaks a lot of laws when she talks and preaches about justice, laws, and stuff, "Rules for thee but not for me I guess" . "but the dude, he's gonna rape her if he won" She's the one who challenges him first, of course, she knows the risk. And what do we have here, an eagle (which is a carnivore) beast folks. then my comment about carnivore/predator beast folks also exists come true. is she gonna punch them too for eating meat as well?:haa:
Attempted murder, brain washing and enslavement just because the dirt bag shit talked her waitress and customer… imagine what she’ll do to transmigrators who breathe funny in front of her. she’s insane
She's VEGAN (maybe a Furry too) of course she's insane.

Dex-chan lover
Yup talks a good game about being noble but acts no different from the slavers.

There are to many instances out there of Activists and extremists only caring about the law in terms of how it ban benefit themselves, and having little to no consideration for it when they act on their "enemies".

One of the dangers of a polarized mindset where you see yourself as always right and good, and any opposing opinion as wrong and evil just for not being what you believe.

Dex-chan lover
You could tell she was going to be like this when she said "You're evil if you break the law, then I'll lynch you, which is against the law."
The author basically clearly defined Marvel's "The Punisher."

I read through some of the pre-serialization version of this comic.... really bad art.... and the story its iffy. All the characters got stereotypes that they follow very strictly which makes a lot of their interactions with each other hypocrital at times (though that fits the stereotypes they are protraying). It's like a train wreck at times.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
When I saw there are 15 comments, I knew this chapter is gonna be a doozy 🤣

What the fuck, she basically just brainwashed him even though he's a racist and seems like a serial rapist (but did it through through duels, maybe). Not only that, she did it while he's down AND outside of the duel. This magical bow is harmless my ass.

I already dislike her character, and as a story character for dumping exposition and just has way too much going for her as a new character, and THEN she does this. Or perhaps I dislike her because I knew she's something of a hypocrite or at least sanctimonious. Forget otherworlders abusing their powers, she's doing plenty of that herself. Truly, she's the shining example of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

On the other hand, it's super funny that "UWOHHHHHH BRATTY GIRL NEEDS CORRECTION 😭💢💢" got turned around.

Anyway, now the protagonist has to deal with them monitoring their house/workshop, so she's violating someone's privacy too.

EDIT: I just noticed that the elf is the one with the cursed hair or something. Either she's doing that herself (doubt) or the slave girl did it for her?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There are to many instances out there of Activists and extremists only caring about the law in terms of how it ban benefit themselves, and having little to no consideration for it when they act on their "enemies".

One of the dangers of a polarized mindset where you see yourself as always right and good, and any opposing opinion as wrong and evil just for not being what you believe.
I'm pretty sure most of these activists will act worse than this girl if given power, whether it's magical or political.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
As someone else mentioned, the story feels like it's all over the place rn. I thought we were doing alchemy with MC and healing the elf? What about that other villain (besides Norn) who hexed the elf? We were already spread kind of thin and now with ch4 all the sudden we got what feels like a completely separate story going on

Dex-chan lover
This all started from a delivery and waiting for takeout. We meet another crazy dangerous woman right after the yandere alchemist with the eyeballs. So many hanging plot threads. Everyone keeps saying Punisher, but Frank isn't a hypocrite. He kills mobsters that hurt innocent people, and he knows he's also breaking the law. This woman is even crazier than that, she thinks she's a good guy. I hope they're not going to ignore all that and keep doing business with her. Despite all this talk of law and order, we haven't seen any kind of police or government. I guess we should assume the alchemist guild is corrupt from how afraid of them Parcelus is.

Also we're assaulted with different terms and professions that all seem to overlap. Alchemist, hexer, mage, transmigrator. They all have convoluted hierarchies and mechanics. The mangaka should take some creative liberties and show not tell. I still have no idea how the save point works except that it activates when broken and he can only make one at a time. Does that mean he can't reset it until it's used? If using it causes amnesia how does he know he hasn't used it already? He acted like this was the first time he tried to create a record in case he had memory loss.

Users who are viewing this thread