The Fake Alchemist - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.4

Dex-chan lover
From what I understand, that magical eye is "alive" or organic or something? If so, that's cool.
But yeah, she probably senses it was from her so she rejected it.

Dex-chan lover
Buying Nora is the BEST investment MC did in his multiple lifetimes. :win:
Rereading the first chapter, he spent one night with her and he's already on the hook for 2 million, which I hope wasn't merely a handjob. 😅
Although if she saves his life (likely) and he already got at least a handsy from her, then yeah it was worth it. Maybe.

Because all this mess started when he decided he needed a slave assistant for what, more profit? From what I can tell, he was doing pretty well (financially, and not attracting attention from dangerous people) before he bought the two girls.

Hem

Double-page supporter
Rereading the first chapter, he spent one night with her and he's already on the hook for 2 million, which I hope wasn't merely a handjob. 😅
Although if she saves his life (likely) and he already got at least a handsy from her, then yeah it was worth it. Maybe.

Because all this mess started when he decided he needed a slave assistant for what, more profit? From what I can tell, he was doing pretty well (financially, and not attracting attention from dangerous people) before he bought the two girls.
The elf slave was just a show of charity so the reader could have an example of "what a pure and good soul our MC has!".
Eventually she'll also serve as a larger plot device than she already has.

Purchasing Nora or any regular mundane slave he would have obtained would have likely been because:
A) He's lonely because he is friendless and trying to hide his abilities in an unknown world. Slaves are forced to keep secrets.

B) He is in a world with much lower tech so the amount of time and effort invested in mundane tasks such as cooking, eating, cleaning, and bathing started to annoy and burden him.

C) Even if the slave directly wasn't useful for alchemy (and just about anyone could be used as a mule for supplies/finished products), the time and energy he would save by having a slave take care of most of the daily chores above would make him a lot more efficient and likely much more profitable over time.

The only issue is either Nora abused the slave debt system or the MC was so grateful that any slave would almost instantly turn the MC into their debt slave (too lazy to reread chapter 1).

Last edited:
I hope the other skills have huge drawbacks too. It would be so dumb if the MC has all these limitations but then the other 'enemies' don't. Like does that magic book only have five slots too? Or does the mirror world let people follow you in?

Aggregator gang
I hope the other skills have huge drawbacks too. It would be so dumb if the MC has all these limitations but then the other 'enemies' don't. Like does that magic book only have five slots too? Or does the mirror world let people follow you in?
drawback for mirror world is nothings preventing you from fighting back.
lets say you dragged 3 guys inside then it means your at a disadvantage better find something to mitigate that.
its more of a support skill. imagine building a base inside the mirror world... no one can find you.

drawback for mirror world is nothings preventing you from fighting back.
lets say you dragged 3 guys inside then it means your at a disadvantage better find something to mitigate that.
its more of a support skill. imagine building a base inside the mirror world... no one can find you.
That's not really a drawback, if they couldn't fight back that would be an additional ability. That would be like recipe book only had the drawback of actually needing to gather the ingredients,, not needing to gather the ingredients would be an additional ability.

Aggregator gang
That's not really a drawback, if they couldn't fight back that would be an additional ability. That would be like recipe book only had the drawback of actually needing to gather the ingredients,, not needing to gather the ingredients would be an additional ability.
i guess so... your right... wait for chapter 6 im almost done merging it and editing... youll like it :)

Dex-chan lover
It'd hard for me to say. In a lot of the JRPGs I play, if they allow for more flexibility in party building, I tend to have my main person gravitate towards more supportive builds. So in all likelihood I'd choose a really nice support ability.

But, as previously mentioned, if I'm MC in this situation how tf would I know god is a sadistic troll who wants to watch blood sport? I hope I luck out with my very own Nora.

Thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread