The Fake Alchemist - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.7

Dex-chan lover
MC was goddamn lucky.
Imagine if the enemy tried to search through MC's belongings while MC was being held by the zombies.
Even if the enemy stopped moving for three seconds upon taking the memo pad, MC would still can't do shit because he's being held down.
:huh:

Aggregator gang
MC was goddamn lucky.
Imagine if the enemy tried to search through MC's belongings while MC was being held by the zombies.
Even if the enemy stopped moving for three seconds upon taking the memo pad, MC would still can't do shit because he's being held down.
indeed..... too bad dork knight was under the impression that his recipe wasn't out yet.
come to think of it. his save maker save point gem is always out..... what if someone steals that?

Dex-chan lover
come to think of it. his save maker save point gem is always out..... what if someone steals that?
I think stealing it wouldn't really do anything except moving the respawn point.
But what if someone destroy the save point gem without MC knowing?
MC will die permanently when he thought he can still respawn.
Edit: MC will respawn at where the gem was made when the gem got destroyed. I remembered wrong. So if someone destroy the gem MC will return to the place the gem was made while also removing Nora's memory.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I think stealing it wouldn't really do anything except moving the respawn point.
But what if someone destroy the save point gem without MC knowing?
MC will die permanently when he thought he can still respawn.
i think if someone found the gem and destroyed it the mc would spawn where the save point was broken.... having no recollection of any stuff that happened after the gem was made.... lol... that would be called spawn camping :D

Dex-chan lover
i think if someone found the gem and destroyed it the mc would spawn where the save point was broken.... having no recollection of any stuff that happened after the gem was made.... lol... that would be called spawn camping :D
I think MC will die permanently if the save point gem got destroyed.
Like if someone deleted your save data, you wouldn't be able to return because there's nothing to load.
That's IF the gem can be destroyed.

But anyone knowing the location of the gem can indeed spawn camp MC. :worry:

Edit: MC will respawn at where the gem was made when the gem got destroyed. I remembered wrong.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I think MC will die permanently if the save point gem got destroyed.
Like if someone deleted your save data, you wouldn't be able to return because there's nothing to load.
That's IF the gem can be destroyed.

But anyone knowing the location of the gem can indeed spawn camp MC. :worry:
breaking the gem activates the effect of respawn... if he gets killed at that spawn yes perma death.
unless he spam summons a gem. since he can only summon one at a time.
As to who probably knows about the gems location.. we have coco at home :)
Agnosia's big rack probably knows too.... maybe?

Dex-chan lover
breaking the gem activates the effect of respawn... if he gets killed at that spawn yes perma death.
unless he spam summons a gem. since he can only summon one at a time.
As to who probably knows about the gems location.. we have coco at home :)
Agnosia's big rack probably knows too.... maybe?
My bad. I remembered wrong. I forgot that the gem need to get destroyed to trigger the respawn. I somehow thought that getting killed will make MC respawn at the gem's current position.

I've edited my previous comments.

Dex-chan lover
Translator guy, while I think having some potion to escape would be handy, I'm not too sure about keeping something explosive/dangerous with you at all times. Some smoke bomb or something relatively safer would be better for carrying around at all times.

Woaw TL Bakunawah give explanation of Steam for 100% success.
I read the manga - hand drawn one from author. And not think about that possibility.
Nice note if i said. Thank you.

Gonna wait for more. Thank you for the hard work with ms Paint

Aggregator gang
Translator guy, while I think having some potion to escape would be handy, I'm not too sure about keeping something explosive/dangerous with you at all times. Some smoke bomb or something relatively safer would be better for carrying around at all times.
i was just floating the idea of carrying bleach and rubbing alcohol... both can be used to disinfect things and if you mix it, it becomes chloroform... bleach cant hurt your skin that much... also rubbing alcohol cant harm you. and with the recipes power just screaming chloroform and throwing the vials on the ground as they mix could be deadly with 100% success rate.... instead of falling asleep because of the chloroform that amount could end up destroying some ones lungs.
but you are right you cant carry around explosives like its a normal keychain :D

Aggregator gang
Keeping something uncrafted means it stays on the list. There's only so many of those he could prepare.
you can just carry the ingredients then put the end products name on the recipe when you want to...
like what he did when he wanted to produce steam.... water fountain + heat coins = boiling = steam.
but with blown out proportions because of the recipe books powers.

Dex-chan lover
you can just carry the ingredients then put the end products name on the recipe when you want to...
like what he did when he wanted to produce steam.... water fountain + heat coins = boiling = steam.
but with blown out proportions because of the recipe books powers.
That assumes you know exactly what the recipe will say.....before you ask it. If he knew how things worked well enough to reliably guess, he would not be a fake alchemist.

And your example is not going to work since the "perfect" steam could require using a specific shape of pot and fire. What he's doing now with using perfect items for imperfect results is already a very high level for his technical ability.

Aggregator gang
That assumes you know exactly what the recipe will say.....before you ask it. If he knew how things worked well enough to reliably guess, he would not be a fake alchemist.

And your example is not going to work since the "perfect" steam could require using a specific shape of pot and fire. What he's doing now with using perfect items for imperfect results is already a very high level for his technical ability.
he used the recipes powers... he did state that he became an apprentice level alchemist and had to study for it to become an actual alchemist guild member... he's faking his results using the recipe books powers.. deep down in his heart he considers himself as fake alchemist because he didnt reach Agnosia's alchemy levels through his own skills but with a cheat.
the only conditions he needed for a steam is water and a heat source.... the power of the recipe will make it work through auto correction instantly giving him a 100% success rate.

as for knowing the recipe before using it. he did study becoming an alchemist... he knows how to craft those but he's using a cheat to fake his quality.

Dex-chan lover
he used the recipes powers... he did state that he became an apprentice level alchemist and had to study for it to become an actual alchemist guild member... he's faking his results using the recipe books powers.. deep down in his heart he considers himself as fake alchemist because he didnt reach Agnosia's alchemy levels through his own skills but with a cheat.
the only conditions he needed for a steam is water and a heat source.... the power of the recipe will make it work through auto correction instantly giving him a 100% success rate.

as for knowing the recipe before using it. he did study becoming an alchemist... he knows how to craft those but he's using a cheat to fake his quality.

He is the LOWEST rank of alchemist. He knows even less of it than that jack of all trades crazy girl. His only advantage is knowledge of regular chemistry, which is a completely different system of logic that may not be compatible with the recipe book's logical process.

You're making crazy assumptions about predicting the output of a program you didn't even make yourself, with a base understanding lower than the characters in the story, for an application that is less skilled and efficient than what they are already doing.

If you still insist on this, then we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Aggregator gang
You're making crazy assumptions about predicting the output of a program you didn't even make yourself, with a base understanding lower than the characters in the story, for an application that is less skilled and efficient than what they are already doing.

If you still insist on this, then we're going to have to agree to disagree.
Dude i don't even understand why your so adamant about this its not like i was being combative in this discussion.
Im just trying to explain stuff the way i see it.
Have i offended you in some way? if so then i'm sorry.
All im saying is everything he did till now are basic recipes for chemistry and that the Recipes powers are just blowing things up into larger proportions because it cheats the results into becoming higher than what it usually is.

Dex-chan lover
Im just trying to explain stuff the way i see it.
That is kind of the issue. You're repeating the same things over and over as if I don't understand, when I have directly addressed multiple areas that don't hold nor scale up well.

I perfectly understand what you're trying to achieve, ie. bigger booms with basic chemical reactions.

1) It will not work a lot better than what he's doing now.
2) There is an exponentially greater risk of something going wrong or rendering the recipe book useless, which you are downplaying.
3) They already addressed in a previous chapter a method that compromises and gets the best of both worlds.
4) What you are talking about has a very limited number of one-time use only that he might need for actual crafting.
5) If he had the time and resources to improve enough to make the method work, he would have better and more renewable methods available.

Users who are viewing this thread