The Fake Lady and Her Rabbit Duke - Ch. 6

Short reminder that "interesting" is often used when the author thinks there's nothing to compliment about a person.

Group Leader
@Ulaai understandable. Different views I suppose. Though I still feel that voicing it out is important. At end of day, the group will make the ultimate choice.

Then again, I might be more hung up on it as a scanlator than as a reader. You see more defects the closer you work with a series. Things that the average reader might scroll right past without giving it a second look. Even beyond distraction, it feels like scan quality is continuously dipping. Excessive scan notes is the definition of unprofessional. Quite frankly, I don't want to see our community continuing down this path.

Well, that and. Some notes just pisses me off, feel like they think readers are idiots. =w= Even if at end of day it's a group's choice, I'd at least like for them to be aware that not everyone appreciates those notes.

@reanseih At the end of the day the group does have the right to decide what does and does not make it trough QC. While you may feel like voicing it is important, your comment and general attitude come off as extremely rude. The translator felt that it was important to include and that is 100% their right as the translator for this chapter. You speak as if our group is constantly including note after note after note when this is the first time I have ever seen us use a note in a chapter. And, quite frankly, we don't care to have your vibes in our comment section. We are tired of readers constantly complaining and complaining of such small and unimportant things that it makes all this work just tiring rather than rewarding. If you don't want to see the notes, then work on your peripheral thinking and block them out. We will continue to add them when need be.

As for the readers, sometimes they can miss things and so we do get some stupid comments. We recently had readers think a ML's nickname was a mtl for the word "to starve". So, yeah, the tl/n was very much needed or we'd get a ton of extra comments asking what the hell her nickname means. Seeing as how those comments would most likely persist for a couple chapters, it needed to be explained why she had that nickname. Also please take into consideration that some of the readers, and even some of our staff, are not all native English speakers. That tl/n you felt so strongly about that you had to comment how useless is was, could very well be necessary for non-native English readers. And if you're gonna say they can just google it, I'm sure that would be far more distracting from the story to them than that note was for you.

@reanseih the translator note was needed because the Prince said that her sister looks like red lynx, so they write notes about the characteristic of lynxes to be able understood why the princess have that nickname.
They put only necessary notes so the readers don't get confused while reading the chapter. It's not unnecessary notes where the staff rambling about simping the character so I don't know why you work up over such a small yet necessary translator note. Do you think that readers would actually searching about lynx? If there are no translator note to explain the term/expression, reader would chewed out the scan team saying that they should put more explanation in the chapter, while the author doesn't even bother put the explanation of the chapter themselves.
If you don't want to see any translator note, you should just read the official version

@reanseih
as a scanlator yourself, you must also know the feeling of simply just quitting scanlation due to how toxic the readers can be over every trivial thing. They act as if your staff have to be perfect, regardless of the fact that we are all still learning and trying our best, doing free voluntary work.

It is common etiquette that if you have a problem, contact the staff directly. Please do not cause a commotion in the comment section and with the other readers. You ain’t chill.
(We barely ever make notes. Stop generalizing ✋)

Group Leader
Welp, I'll stop tagging ppl. But nothing is stopping my mouth. I don't believe I directly insulted anyone anyways, neither do I believe that note is needed or that I went out of line. I only ever tagged ppl in a reply, stop complaining.

Group Leader
Redheads never win but I root for them nonetheless :(

Also, it really reeks of privilege when you think you have a say in what others do for free. Be grateful that people are already sacrificing their time to bring you this series for FREE.

Also, you could’ve kindly contacted the staff privately but instead chose to make a scene. Worst, I only see ONE people complaining. The others seem to be fine with it.

"I'll keep throwing a temper tantrum like so little child who didn't get what they want" You're literally the one who's complaining, but keep going. We're not your parents and have no obligations to pacify your petty complaints. We'll keep doing as we see fit. Even if that means a tl/n for every page.

Yo @reanseih , the tl/n is there for clarifications only since there are readers who don't know what lynx or lynxes are, and we know they couldn't be bothered to go to google because of laziness or whatsoever. They didn't add it to make y'all feel like idiots lmao. They put that in there with the readers in mind thinking, some readers probably don't know what it is so let's put in a note :). But who would've thought that there would be some people who are unsatisfied with anything, and now people are having issues with tl/n. If you don't like it then, don't read it. If it's because it's a distraction then, wouldn't it be more distracting if you had to go all over google, just to search a word you're unfamiliar with, ripping the mood you had in the middle of your reading? And besides, they only did like 1 tl/n, so I don't get why you're yapping here as if they had put a gazillion notes tf.

Group Leader
I did promise not to tag so won't, but to person above: Google, is, a, thing. Lynxes aren't some special rare animal one shouldn't know about. If author living in Korea with no lynxes didn't feel like a note is needed, it's not. If you need to explain every word that's frequently used in everyday life, we'd have more notes than content.

To the person above: do you even read our replies to you? did you even see that one person who said that they are not well-versed in animal names so they found the note helpful to them? do you want me to go down the memory lane of replies? As I've said before, going to google to search for the word is more distracting than looking at the note itself, the tl/n saves more time even. Another person said that they thought it's a mythical creature so they appreciate the note for putting that in. For your statement about the author, as daivichi said, the translator was of the impression that it was appropriate to include, and that is 100% their right as a translator for this chapter. Adding what Ayuyuyu said, the tl/n was needed because the prince said that her sister looked like a red lynx, that's why they wrote a note about the lynx's characteristics so that they could understand why the princess had that nickname. Now going back, I agree that Lynxes aren't a rare animal but they are not that well known either. It also isn't a word that's frequently used in everyday life, maybe in your area but in mine, it's not. And as I've said again, they only did 1 tl/n, not a tl/n panel after panel so idk where you got your issue from and why you got triggered over one note but let me tell you that it ain't it bro.

Also, since you're so adamant about google then, go search for your fucking brains because it's fucking lost bro. I don't even want to reply to you anymore lmao goodbye

wait lemme tag
@reanseih
there <3

Group Leader
To the person above. I read them. And I replied, and I tagged, and the group got angry at me dragging in other readers lmao.

Honestly the whole point was that deciding which words are uncommon enough for notes is too arbitrary. One thing is lynxes aren't some obscure animal. Another is even if they are, fiercely defending is basic instinct to ANY living being. Third is either case, it does not add to story whatsoever. Can you really call that a useful note? Well, if you can, then that would be ur rightful opinion. I don't feel like I need to argue on that. I'm saying I don't believe it is, and will keep saying that. Even if it is some obscure word, it's English. It's not in a foreign language, it's not a reference to a book or movie or anything else, it's not special enough for author to put note on either. I'm not saying everyone knows what lynxes are, I'm saying even if they don't, it doesn't warrant a note IMO.

I mean, if they really think my comments are too out of line, they have a few choices. Report to MD and have a moderator delete my comments. Request MD add a function that allows groups to moderate or block comments on their releases. Ignore me. Other than that, opinion is just opinion, and whether or not to voice it is my choice.

Damn, now the author needs to write a nice lady for the prince. Perhaps even baron's daughter (pun intended), if she is nice enough!

@reanseih

Any notes a group wants to add is for the benefit of their readers. From reading the previous comments, people have already stated that the note helped them since they were unfamiliar with what lynxes were. By stating that lynxes are aggressive it gives readers a better insight into the Princess's personality and why the approach made by Gerona worked but the Prince's didn't. It's quite arrogant of you to assume that everyone who reads manga's/ manhuas/ webcomics which are translated into English, are actually fluent, or use it as their first language. It may be difficult to understand similes and metaphors for those who aren't fluent.
This leads me to wonder why you're still bringing that point up. Do you want us all to praise you? "Wow, you know what a lynx! Congrats!" Or do you just have a subjective memory?
Secondly, you obviously haven't heard of the flight or fight response. Some choose to fight, some choose to run or play dead, what's the problem with adding more clarity?
You've expressed your opinions of thinking it was an unnecessary note. Fine. But please respect the opinions of those who did find it useful. In case you haven't noticed, you're basically berating them and telling them to just use google so you won't be inconvenienced by having to read an extra few words. :)

Group Leader
I'm not sure how this lead into wanting ppl to praise me but... Well, I suppose interpretation is up to the person. I've also never berated ppl for not knowing?

Assuming they know English is not arrogance, it's simply reality. You're reading an English translation, assuming you can read English is inevitable. Do you believe raw mangas are written with the assumption that Japanese / Korean learners are reading it? No. They are written for their targeted audience. And their notes are aimed at their targeted audience. Authors also occasionally add notes, notes that are helpful for their targeted audience. In the case of English, that means anything that is not translatable. But is lynx not translatable? I believe that's perfectly translated.

Well, if this group or any other group meant to turn manhwas into English textbooks I have nothing more to say.

Kindness and understanding works, yelling and bossing around doesn't, got it. They're royals aren't they? Can they not afford a nanny trained in child rearing?

Anyway, the notes have to reach "keikaku means plan" levels to get me riled up. That note was nothing.

Bruh i alr saw a group doing way lots unrelevant t/n but this one is helpful for me bcz english is a foreign language and there are some words i forgot what this or that is lol

Users who are viewing this thread