The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

I think this is the best series SLC ever picked up. Not only the art is amazing, thing are being set up quite nicely. As of now everyone is in the gray area regarding actions and morals (which is REALLY nice), and there is no dumb isekai self-fullfilment whatever plot. The translation is superb as always.

??? Isn’t it her own fault then? For not opening up? Well, that aside I hope she’ll have a happy second life, I like her to be honest, for not giving up and still care for her children.

ARRRGH!!! I can tell that I'm going to love this, but it's still at the most frustrating pre-redemption arc, where everything just makes you feel sick inside.

I'll follow this, but I think I'm going to have to wait maybe 10 chapters or so before I start reading again, so I can hopefully jump past this part...

Double-page supporter
@Mangareader Yeah, it's says right in the theme "time travel" it's pretty obvious where this is going. I hope she make good use of going back in time to not only mend her relationships with the kids but rid of that white lotus bitch fiancé. I'm pretty sure she is lying about him saying to not come to the marriage in order to create a even bigger rift between the two so she can easier take everything that pink widow inherited. After all, it would be hard to catch on to the fiancés schemes if they aren't even talking to each other.

At first I thought the Marchion was some kind of pedophile, but when she mentioned a "deal" with him it seems he knew he was dying and scouted her out(An unusually intelligent girl) as his wife to make a guardian for his children. He willed it all to her. If he didn't marry her and will it to her, his relatives would have taken guardianship of his kids and most likely embezzled all their inheritance and neglected them(his children) too. Which is why the first thing she did was kick out all the children's family. Those poor kids probably didn't understand what white eyed wolves their relatives were.

The story is very very interesting. Somehow i think the first child actually cared a lot about the girl. Yeah love this manhwa

Aggregator gang
I really love the story, the setting, it's a good new fresh air for reincarnation or time travel theme! I hope you can regularly updated this series, really want to know how's the children actually feeling for her 💞

Fed-Kun's army
I'm really excited for this series, thx for picking it up, secret land castle!

Dex-chan lover
I mean can you blame the eldest son? Some woman you don't know marries your dad, then he suddenly dies and somehow left all your (and your siblings) inheritance to her, and then not even a month after he dies she take up new lovers? Who wouldn't assume she had a hand in his father's death? Who wouldn't assume she's a dirty whore that con your dad to steal your inheritance?

And instead of talking shit out when you confront her she lash out at you. Smart girl my ass.

@luminary
Yeah, can't blame the eldest son at all. However, as readers, we knew that isn't the case. It seems that her husband married her precisely because of her intellect that he noticed while watcher her. So he knew that he would die soon and that his family (not his children) are not good people and will try to take all of his money for their use and destroy the children's life. So he was looking for a guardian for his children and then gave all his money to her so that she can control that money from going anywhere. While it does look like she did a great job doing what he had wished, it also seems like she does it in the most cutthroat way which does not leave a good impression or reputation for her which is what caused Jeremy not to want her at his wedding (in addition to him not really understanding that everything she did was for their benefit). So I pity her. She clearly has their best interests in mind but it looks like her reputation precedes her.

EDIT: Oh, Mojo (https://mangadex.org/thread/157886/1/#post_943594) does a better job at articulating what I was trying to say.

Aggregator gang
I'm so intrigued. Can't wait to see how she does things differently after doing it all again!

Double-page supporter
There is already so much to pack from what the translators has given us its amazing and I AM LOVING THIS STORY SO MUCH ALREADY!!! Thanks for the clarifications @Mojo and @Eternal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread