The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 26 - The Passing of Winter (13)

Dex-chan lover
I guess the medical sector in this series is more advanced than I thought since Measle is kinda enough of a deal for us to need vaccines.

Group Leader
@RamenRider

Measles is only dangerous to young children and pregnant women, Jeremy is old enough not to be at risk, and the symptoms only last for about 10 days. If the twins had it, it would be worrisome, but he is a big boi.

I'm going to have to go back and read this again, did the characters ever discuss Jeremy not calling Shuri "Mother" like his siblings? Was this already discussed and I just can't remember it? Seems too important to not garner more chatter among us readers.

Two other thoughts, 1) Jeremy's future wife in the alternative timeline might not be good news; and 2) I think that the key to everything going on will be the reason that the Duke married Shuri, it makes lots of sense in the historical context, but with all of the characters using it as gossip fodder it must be strange in-story and given all we know about him, Duke wouldn't have just married her as some mid-life crisis.

Fed-Kun's army
MOTHERZONED... i mean, for good reason. aaaaah i was behind but i just caught up SHULI IS SO??? COOL?? ALSO THAT KNIGHT, UM THE LADY OF THE HOUSE IS THE STRONGEST PERSON YOU'LL EVER MEET OKAY??? HOW DARE??? but aaaah i'm so glad she got some allies now... powerful allies!! SHE'S THE BEST

thank you so much for all the updates!!!

Group Leader
@SapphireDemon it was never fully discussed, but the main reason her doesn't call her mom or mother is due to their age difference. only 2 years apart from what I remember. He does refer to her as mother in public events or to make a point to other people telling them he respects and accepts her as his guardian, which is what he did to his aunt.
he goes through a phase where he kinda sarcastically keeps calling her mother after she saves him from a bad situation, which will be the next arc of the story from what I remember.

Actually measles is much more ferocious and dangerous if taken by adults than by children, and the older you get the more risk of complications (also because adults have a much weaker resilience than children).
For this reason, before the vaccine was invented, an attempt was made to have the disease taken as soon as possible, so that they would be immunized forever (now with the vaccine, fortunately, there is no need to do it anymore, avoiding suffering and possible complications for children).

Usually it is a disease with a high rash but not fatal, unless there are complications both in the lungs and encephalitis. It can, however, lead to repercussions for the rest of the patient's life, often and willingly very annoying (I speak from experience, having had measles as a child I was half deaf).

I'm really thankful for the update and thanks for upload so many chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Shuli's exhusband seemed to have a thing for stronger women, even if they didn't seem like it at first (the second wife looked like she was into horseback riding and was really strong willed). He has a good eye for wives/stepmothers with the way Shuli's turning out.

Users who are viewing this thread