The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 22

Am so saaadd,..
And also, this is takin too long like bruh😐 lezgo to present and do the communication is the key way😕

Don’t forget during during this time, she’s still in her 20s, and post-patum depression is a scary and real thing. I feel really bad for her seeing how she’s dealt with one thing after another, and I’m really curious to see how Harsen and her are going to overcome all of uh... this

the past story of her, it's too long.. arghh.. now we know that she is not the only one at fault, let's comeback to the pressent

Fed-Kun's army
postpartum depression isnt uncommon :( its sad how some mothers have to go through this after all the work they had to go through during pregnancy and labor. it's a real thing when mothers experience negative emotions abt their babies :( it would've been good for ercella if there was ppl she could tell abt her feelings and that she's not the only one going thru that, so maybe she will realize it'll pass
anyway i finally caught up to this webtoon and im sad i have no further chapters to readd
tysm scanlation team for providing, i appreciate ur hard workkk
i wonder if there are any other webtoons or manga like this that has morally/emotionally complex characters and situations

I am little upset by ppl that want present in a hurry.
I am so into her past. Especially bc some ppl go through this things even tho we live in 21 century. Like switch his work for mans work overseas, her social status for idk a celebrity, her image in social group, well a world bc now it's everything that ppl today think about.

Contributor
I understand that her past is important, but I hate it when things jump back in time like this and just stay there. Interspersed throughout the present-day stuff could have been nicer, maybe?

@EpicJa:

Specifically I think the worst problem here is that we didn't jump into the past at a moment of repose, but rather on an emotional cliffhanger.

This portion of the story is indeed perfectly fine; rather its placement in the larger plot would seem to be the cause of our impatience? "Forget these mounting tensions for a moment a good chunk of the story, while we explain how we got here in the first place," can be difficult for some of us.

I'm much better-inclined towards long-cut time jumps if they don't happen in the middle of things.

It's like being told at the end of The Two Towers that one must first read The Hobbit before going on to The Lord of the Rings. Even though The Hobbit is a lovely book, some of us would then be compelled to rush through it to see what happens to the cliffhanger. Which would be a disservice to everything involved.

Ikrr this mindset is fucked up she went through shit and ppl are hating on her while a hot dad kills his daughter and somehow he's forgiven the hypocrisy

Oh dear... I didn't know this manhwa until today. It's quite good... No, it's amazing.

Very relatable, not cheesy, realistic...

Well, the the couple had it rough. We all know how hard the female endured, but if you also look at from the husband's perspective he was also young and had to go through war.

He also had to succeed the duchy plus fighting his greedy family as soon as he got back from war so of course he'd be pissed. He was really busy to managed the duchy...

The wife was depressed cuz she lack comfort, while the husband was annoyed and angry due to his relatives.

The couple doesn't talk much, both didn't initiate proper conversation and keep it to themselves piling more problems in mind. Well both were probably didn't wanna bother the other.
She knew he was busy and stressed while he knew she needed to relieve some stress and rely on someone that's why she kept visiting her family, that's why he turned a blind eye even though he was angry. Cuz he was angry he didn't say a word lest he hurt her...
That's why he didn't see her lest he blame her. Instead that made her lonely

Well, that's only my opinion though. The author knows better about the characters.

The flashbacks will only be annoying for those waiting for each update. Someone reading this in a year won't even care.

why do so many people want to rush back to the present? its difficult to empathize with characters without a backstory, like harsen. i have no emotional connection with harsen at all at this point, but my heart hurts for ercella whos trying her best.
yes, the past story is turning into a long one, but its covering so many key events and emotions between their coming of age to the present-- about (maybe?) 20 yrs!! i think it will be important to learn about her backstory before the present story progresses.
please keep this all in mind :)

I skipped through pretty much all of the flashback. I probably would've read these chapters if they weren't started right at a cliffhanger. We definitely should've got this backstory earlier.

@Pokari i totally get u, but i follow some mangas for 10+ years that didn't move an inch (not literally) . For example i follow Skip Beat since 2010. This one doesn't have 300 ch jet but i love it and i will wait 10 more years to finish it if i need to, so getting Ch of past events and waiting one or two months for it to come to present isn't a big deal for me.

Wow, she gone through baby blues. So baby blues is this depressing. It's Harsen's fault too, bcs he didn't give enough attention to his wife. Someone who is pregnant and giving birth have to be given more attention bcs they are susceptible to depression

Contributor
@EpicJa:

Eh... Specifically, my issue wasn't that it's slow-moving. I too, have plenty of patience for series coming out slowly, and indeed furthermore slow-paced romances are frequently right up my alley, and I know the practical authorial consequence of that.

I was instead trying to convey, since I was feeling impatient here when I read your comment and thought it might be relevant, that that impatience was rather specifically because a large amount of time was spent going through an earlier-story-arc while we were waiting on a cliffhanger. It is a minor pacing issue and doesn't ruin the work or anything, but it was definitely something that I felt.

If anything, really, this was moreso a problem because I read this far in one sitting, otherwise I'd have sooner "forgotten" whatever tensions there were when the flashback started... As I already have by now, not a week later, frankly.

It should be noted for the avoidance of doubt that none of this is terribly important, I think. I'm not stating otherwise, at any rate. Any displeasure I have with the pacing is a matter of only most minor of annoyances or critiques.

@Pokari Just do it like me and wait 10 to 8 chapters to read ✌️, but I really think that your critic is misguide because this is the nature of a weekly show/anime/manga/etc is true that a really emotionally charge flashback like this is stronger when you read it all at once and the time between the chapters will make the emotional impact weaker but there is nothing that the author can do to stop that and the majority of the audience will start to complain if he suddenly stop to release weekly chapter and even if we move the flashback to the beginning of the story we will run in other problems, for example we won't know much about the characters and political situation if we suddenly drop in the flashback after she go back in time and you have to create a good motive to have the flashback in the first place and the way that the story is written now I don't see a good moment where the author can do that.

Contributor
@Davi_Felizardo:

I'm not really sure what weekly chapters have to do with it. I mean, my critique was based on reading everything 'till now in one go, in the first place...

...I feel like with the number of people not getting what I'm saying, I must not be communicating my point very well .__.

She's so dissociated with her son. I think Harsen should have taken more notice of Ercella's mental state. Ercella should have voiced her need to have Harsen by her side. However, I understand that both of them were suffering from their surroundings. Harsen had returned from war (an attempted death sentence) to find a POS having insulted his wife, his uncle trying to steal his position, and his other relatives trying to do the same. Both must have been undergoing depression and just couldn't handle taking on more responsibilities. I want to blame Harsen but again, it's just their circumstances really just... put them both in bad mental states.

Users who are viewing this thread